MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade screwup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, I just upgraded to version 1.2.7. Thing is, we've got a big problem. The theme was reverted to the default, there is no trace of the theme I was using (Firefox Glow), other than the images directory, and to top it all off, a lot of the images look like static that you'd see on a television (this is typically fixed by uploading the images in binary mode, but its not working for some reason).

What's going on, and how do I fix this?
Seems like this update is a major disaster at this point !!!

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=20269
anthonycea Wrote:Seems like this update is a major disaster at this point !!!

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=20269

Rofl. You commender another users thread to say that the update was a major disaster and post link to your own support thread? The problem is you didn't run the upgrade script. It's been said a few hundred times before, next time do a search.

As for your problem tristan, I'm not sure what you did because the upgrade script does not revert any custom themes. As for your image problems, try asking your host? I'm not really sure what to tell you except that I have no experience in image-uploading-troubleshooting.

Also I'll need a link if you don't want me to give you guesses
I'm glad you find it funny man, we got the problem solved with the help of the forum members and management.

Thanks, but why are so many having problems with this upgrade ?
Hey Tikitiki,

I had a hell of a time doing it, but I managed to fix it (I think....). I have no idea what the cause of the problems were, but lemme tell ya, the results of whatever it was weren't pleasant.

Thanks anyway though,
Tikitiki Wrote:
anthonycea Wrote:I'm glad you find it funny man, we got the problem solved with the help of the forum members and management.

Lack of ability to follow instructions?

LOL man !!

I thought all you had to do is upload the new version and import your database into it, maybe you guys should use bold type from now on when you give instructions !!!!
Tikitiki Wrote:
anthonycea Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:
anthonycea Wrote:I'm glad you find it funny man, we got the problem solved with the help of the forum members and management.

Lack of ability to follow instructions?

LOL man !!

I thought all you had to do is upload the new version and import your database into it, maybe you guys should use bold type from now on when you give instructions !!!!

We usually hope people have enough common sense to read the instructions

LOL, you guys are sure there was nothing wrong with the update or the instructions ???? Rolleyes
OK guys, thanks, but we still can't upload an avatar from a file, we have to use the standard avatar gallery.

Other than that, everything else seems to be working now!
Ensure you've correctly CHMOD'ed your folders/files. Smile
[Wiki: CHMOD_Files] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Uh-oh, I just spoke to a moderator on my site, apparently everyone's reputations have mysteriously disappeared. Any idea what would cause that?
Pages: 1 2