MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I have a problem with the database. I'm getting this error.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1045 - Access denied for user 'savantai_rbags'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

What happened was I was trying to "merge" the old database with the new database.  So I made a new database and was going to add the old database to that new one.

But what happened was I was on my phone trying to do it then I said I'll just do it tomorrow from my desktop.  So I deleted out the new database: again it was empty.  Later when I refreshed the site I got the above error  I DID NOT TOUCH the old database.

Does anyone have suggestions?  Thank you.

P.S. Isn't the way you "merge" an old DB with a new one is to make a new DB then upload the old database to that "new" DB name?

ETA; I made the new DB through CPanel.
(2016-09-25, 03:40 PM)BigJerr Wrote: [ -> ]

SQL Error:
1045 - Access denied for user 'savantai_rbags'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Query:

What happened was I was trying to "merge" the old database with the new database.  So I made a new database and was going to add the old database to that new one.

But what happened was I was on my phone trying to do it then I said I'll just do it tomorrow from my desktop.  So I deleted out the new database: again it was empty.  Later when I refreshed the site I got the above error  I DID NOT TOUCH the old database.

P.S. Isn't the way you "merge" an old DB with a new one is to make a new DB then upload the old database to that "new" DB name?

ETA;  I made the new DB through CPanel.

Is your db user using the same password & username as the one you set before?
(2016-09-25, 09:20 PM)alfred702 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-25, 03:40 PM)BigJerr Wrote: [ -> ]

SQL Error:
Query:

ETA;  I made the new DB through CPanel.

Is your db user using the same password & username as the one you set before?

No. Just the PW, I think.
That's the issue then, it sounds like your details are just wrong in your config file.
(2016-09-27, 12:38 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]That's the issue then, it sounds like your details are just wrong in your config file.

Do you know which one? (Lol. Sorry.)
Will be either the username or password, or both Smile
(2016-09-28, 12:37 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Will be either the username or password, or both Smile

Hmmmm. Ok let me check this.

I was using the same Username and PW for the original DB. But I deleted the "second DB" and now it doesn't work.
(2016-09-28, 12:37 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Will be either the username or password, or both Smile

Nah.  Should I just reinstall the software then upload the DB?

Didn't work.  Should I reinstall the software and reload the DB?

Reinstalled the software.

How can I restore the DB?  I'm trying through CPANEL and phpmyadmin and I can't get it to upload.

It seems that I can't post here the error log since the software reads it as an attack.

However, I see what it says about the adminlog, etc.  I've tried different databases some were compressed and some weren't.  Still didn't work.

Thank you for any help!
(2016-10-02, 02:27 PM)BigJerr Wrote: [ -> ]

Nah.  Should I just reinstall the software then upload the DB?

Didn't work.  Should I reinstall the software and reload the DB?

Reinstalled the software.

How can I restore the DB?  I'm trying through CPANEL and phpmyadmin and I can't get it to upload.

It seems that I can't post here the error log since the software reads it as an attack.

However, I see what it says about the adminlog, etc.  I've tried different databases some were compressed and some weren't.  Still didn't work.

Thank you for any help!

The BEST thing you could ever do is make Manual DB backups from phpMyAdmin (Export) and store them on a flash drive (what I do). I have made at least 20 backups that way and never had a DB corrupt (backing up from MyBB ACP settings). The plus side is, once you export from phpMyAdmin, you are 1000% (Plus minus 910%) certain you will have no issues Importing it back to phpMyAdmin. (However if you corrupt it or your computer corrupts it, then that backup is screwed.)

Likewise, I suggest getting "Notepad++" and then opening the inc/config.php and settings.php with notepad++, you can read it easier and you will see where the notes say "DB name" "DB user" "DB pass" 'DB prefix"