MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: restrict post icons to admins/mods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to restrict post icons to admins and mods?
Everyone on the forum can see them, but only admins and mods can make the post icons choice.
This is a good question, I'm assuming the code would look something like this

if ($mybb->['gid'] == 4) {
//display post icons
} else {
//dont
}
no i mean not to display, but to add them. 

Everyone on the forum can see them, but only admins and mods can make the post icons choice.

The reason is no one uses them, and all we admins/mods use them for is is the I icon for information and such. 

Is there a way to disable them completely?
(2016-09-25, 08:47 PM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]no i mean not to display, but to add them. 

The reason is no one uses them, and all we admins/mods use them for is is the I icon for information and such. 

Is there a way to disable them completely?

Yes I understand, this code would still work, you would insert this only for new threads.

EDIT: Go to Post Icons in control pannel and delete all of them. You might need to edit some templates (displaythread)
Yeah im not fluent in PHP or how MyBB works, otherwise i would do it.
(2016-09-25, 08:49 PM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah im not fluent in PHP or how MyBB works, otherwise i would do it.

You're familiar with HTML/CSS though? I'm going to do this to my forum, I've been wanting to do it for a while. I probably won't have time until tomorrow though. I'll post the code back here
yeah i could do that. But i was kinda hoping someone would come along and say put X line here and it will only allow mods and admins to insert post icons. lol
Quote:I'm going to do this to my forum, I've been wanting to do it for a while. I probably won't have time until tomorrow though. I'll post the code back here
That would be great  Big Grin
I foudn my answer to this
First install template conditionals plugin
then go to newreply and new thread templates and change posticon variable from this
{$posticons}

to this

<if $GLOBALS['mybb']->user['usergroup'] == 4 || $GLOBALS['mybb']->user['usergroup'] == 3 then>{$posticons}</if>
of course make sure the ID numbers are the same as your admins and mods