MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to Reset admin password when board is closed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I've deleted my password and locked myself out of my ACP. I tried resetting this using an old thread and this code from Matt:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `salt` = '', `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6' WHERE `uid` = '1'; 

But it did not work.  I'm assuming this has something to do with the loginkey, although I don't know.  Does anyone know how to do this?

I should also mention that my board is closed so resetting through my forum is not an option :o
Any ideas? :o
I would like to know as well as I have locked myself out of one of my forums. I can do a clean install but I don't want to due to the image editing already done with a specific plugin
Your description is unclear.
You should be more precise so people can help.

Did you mean the secret pin with what you call "login key"?
If this is the case you'll have to look up your secret_pin in inc/config.php (usually in the last line).

If this helped you getting access to your board again, please do not donate, just cick "Rate"   Cool
Using PhpMyAdmin

Go to your MyBB database, search for user admin ( or whatever UID 1 name is )

open user to EDIT ( see first image)

Then in the VALUE fields, copy and paste (replace with) these codes ( second image ) 

PASSWORD field paste:  87de2fc6f00512b1760fc57a5160ef85
SALT field paste: hFeouC3e
LOGINKEY field paste: 3ysxU5ItsBVjOqjmk7lkZugrYQ01I5ulAIw8w02hpasrENh4ZI

then go to bottom of PhpMyadmin frame and click "GO"

First image:

[Image: 2jBJtcq.jpg]

Second image
[Image: UaTzjPC.jpg]

Now go to your forum and try entering with
username: admin
password: pass

If it works for you, then proceed to change your password to something secret-to-you.
If you mean your board was closed via the close setting in the AdminCP you can go in your database and look for the table named mybb_settings, inside that table look for the row with the name "boardclosed" and set the value to 0, doing so will make your board open.

Nevermind, I lied it just sets the setting to no, it doesn't actually unclose the forums xD.
(2016-10-19, 06:41 AM)[PMC] John Wrote: [ -> ]If you mean your board was closed via the close setting in the AdminCP you can go in your database and look for the table named mybb_settings, inside that table look for the row with the name "boardclosed" and set the value to 0, doing so will make your board open.

Nevermind, I lied it just sets the setting to no, it doesn't actually unclose the forums xD.

That's because it's in the cache and you can also edit that in the database.