MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: restrict thread views to members only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
title says it all. Currently the views are counted by guests and bots. I would like to limit these views to members only.
Is there a specific reason you don't just make it so guests and bots can't view the threads?
Yes... because it is a programming forum in which is based on open-source. And thus we want guests (everyone) to view the threads. We dont want to restrict people to log in just to view the information. Its not like its a secret society. But we dont want it to count towards the views due to it getting to 200,000 views in 3 weeks.

...Also, if i cant view a forum thread on something im researching, i just skip over to the next one on the list in google search results. I dont make an account there. There is plenty of information of the net that doesnt require a login

After 6 years of being at python-forum.org which is using PhpBB, we have this by default. The views are only logged by members as to not get flooded by guests or bots.