MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What other software do you use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've used phpBB2, IPB1, Ikonboard, YaBB (from recent to distant) before settling with MyBB Smile

But I have most of the common free boards installed on my localhost anyway Smile
forums - mybb
any other site - drupal
blogs - wordpress or drupal, much better at drupal even though i want to love wordpress.
I obviously use MyBB for my forum.

For my main website, I use ModX CMS (fork of Etomite, but MUCH better), Coppermine for the Gallery, Aardvark for the Topsite, Wacintaki for the Oekaki, and Wordpress for the Blog system I have for my registered members.
PHP_Paul Wrote:
DrPoodle Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:
PHP_Paul Wrote:[[ And on that topic, why? MyBB should support other forum softwares too. Instead of promoting themselves as the 'end all' solution, why not let people make the choice to see what's right for them. Show off Open Source, instead of downplaying competitors. MyBB has a lot of strong points, so does phpBB, and so do many other systems. ]]

Support other forum softwares? What? Are you kidding? And do you think we advertise ourselves as the 'end all' solution? No. All the staff are always telling people to pick what they think is right for them.
I agree with Tikitiki. Why show support of other forum software when they don't show support for us? You can say that other forums have better features, but the overall best product has to be MyBB. For instance I think that the phpbb 3 default theme is really good because it uses divs instead of tables, but that doesn't mean I am going to switch because I know that MyBB is way more secure and will eventually have div themes as well!

You're right. Them being immature is a great excuse.

Seriously, you're not shooting yourself in the foot by being very amiable to the other forum softwares out there.

Let me ask you this. DOES PHPBB allow discussion of mybb on thier forums? NO. End of discussion.

Either way i see no reason to promote thier stuff here. Besides this IS A FAR superior product. Anyone who claims to know ANYTHING about forum software WILL say the same. So why even bother mentioning them? Seriously?

Outside of the developers at phpbb there IS a great group of people there especially the modders/themes etc. They are always there to help out when someone needs it etc. Would be great to have them here where they would definetly be ALOT MORE appreciated by all including the developers here.

Also i think it was VERY kind of the staff here to even let the discussion go as far as it has about phpbb. Say alot about these people which to me is GOOD. Anywhere else it would have resulted in the thread being locked. Think about that next time you wanna complain.

I for one am VERY HAPPY to know the developers attention here is on THIS SOFTWARE and NOT phpbb or anyone elses. Hopefully that never changes.

Back to the subject at hand i use this along with MK Portal. A perfect fit.
Pages: 1 2