MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Move/Copy Variable from One Temp to Another
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I'm a new myBB owner/operator; began in early Sep this year. It is a very comparable forum software from what I can tell thus far. I'm still learning a lot, especially php. I'm also still making the minor branding tweaks to my forum where now I am at a loss on a specific issue:

My Objective:  I'd like to copy the {$lang->todays_top_poster} and {$lang->popular_forum} variables to the index_stats template from the stats template. The desired location on the index page is among the board stats next to the first line that shows the number of posts/threads within the forum.

My assumptions:  These two variables are not 'global' if I'm using that term correctly and I need to add relative php code to my index.php file. 

What I've done thus far:  I've researched several keywords and found implications that all variables are not universal. I've read threads that implied I need to copy relative php code from the stats page to the index page or another page I am unaware of.  Therefore, I've copied code from stats to index and got it to partially work but not the full desired affect.

My php comprehension level:  basic concepts; I can read and identify specific sections and copy/paste using trial/error to make things work.

So, what more do I need to learn, what approach should I use in meeting my objective and where can I go to get tips on how do to that?

Thank you.
Derek