MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Clans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey. I've just setted up a MyBB forum for my Mario Stadium website. http://mario.simgames.net/forums/index.php.

I was wondering how would I create clans for users to join? I wanted to create clans for members to join. Something like:
Koopa Klan, Goomba Group, Boo Bunch and Shyguy Squad.

With these clans I wanted registered users to be able to join which group they wish by a clan leader allowing them to join. Also each clan would have their own seperate forum maybe with a password OR just members within the clan have permission and the authority to access the forum.

I was wondering if this is possible to do with MyBB. I did install a mod called "Team Forums" but it seems that it just allows members to make their own teams. I want to make teams for them and appoint a team leader. How would I do this? Thankyou.
Umm... I'm unsure. Thats the mod I installed. When you do create the teams you want, how do you prevent other members from creating them. Do you just disable the plugin so the teams section doesn't appear for others to use?

I want to create the teams myself, appoint a team leader to each team. From there they can let members join their clan.
goombastic Wrote:I want to create the teams myself, appoint a team leader to each team. From there they can let members join their clan.

You can do this with usergroups and assign leaders to groups. Manually you can do just about everything that plugin does.
labrocca Wrote:
goombastic Wrote:I want to create the teams myself, appoint a team leader to each team. From there they can let members join their clan.

You can do this with usergroups and assign leaders to groups. Manually you can do just about everything that plugin does.

Yeah, usergroups would be the best way for you to go. My plugin is for people who want users to create teams..Not AdminsToungue
In Admin CP --> Manage Groups, create the "clans" you need, and in the "Publically Joinable Settings" make sure that the settings allow users to join the group, but enable the setting that joins are moderated.

Then when you go back to the Manage Groups page, on the menu at the right of the usergroup you created, select Group Leaders, and add the leaders of the "clans" there.
Thanks man. Its so simple yet I thought you needed a mod for it. Cheers.

Oh yeah. Also is it possible to have private forums in which the usergroups can just access?
I don't mean to double post but. I have another question.

How do you enable the usergroup image to appear underneath the users avatar in each post? I have made images like this: http://mario.simgames.net/forums/images/group_koopa.PNG

and have put it as the star image in the Koopa Klan > Edit Usergroup and set the star image to 1 and 0 and it still hasn't worked. I don't know why the image isn't showing under the avatar in each post made by a Koopa Clan Member. Can't they have their primary group as registered and be part of a group which displays their group icon underneath their avatar?
goombastic Wrote:Thanks man. Its so simple yet I thought you needed a mod for it. Cheers.

Oh yeah. Also is it possible to have private forums in which the usergroups can just access?
Yeah when you go to "Manage Forums" click on "Permissions" beside the forum, then uncheck the checkboxes for the usergroups you want to hide the forum for.
goombastic Wrote:Can't they have their primary group as registered and be part of a group which displays their group icon underneath their avatar?
Not unless you have a separate modification which does so.
Does this mod do that?
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=20259

I just want the forums to show the member's clangroup logo underneath the avatar.
Pages: 1 2