MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: anyone want to join in on a mybb project?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

Since I have a couple of months spare i was thinking of setting up mybb screencast site with tutorials on how to do things but actually show them.

I remember when i first started i ended up posting in the forums for how to do things because they are slightly out the way or indepth menus and so have something people could watch and listen to would be awesome.

I am going to do some myself but would be cool if others wanted to get involved in making a few.

What do you guys think? any suggestions? want to help?

dave.
I don't mind being in it. As long as theirs something like this at the end of the tutorial: --Tutorial By: My name.
rcpalace Wrote:I don't mind being in it. As long as theirs something like this at the end of the tutorial: --Tutorial By: My name.

sounds cool Smile you would basically have an upload area where you make the videos so you could put your name on it etc. all i want in common is the same titeling to ensure the site is easy to navigation.

for example if you were doing a installation one, it would be called 'mybb screencasts - installation'. i still need to figure stuff out like whether to host them locally or youtube, i am thinking locally on my server since i could then offer downloadable versions and higher resolution ones since the poor youtube quality could lead to poor screencasts.

dave.
tmhai Wrote:no offence towards your idea, but there are numerous tutorials and writeups already surrounding mybb, takke for example mybb's wiki... and installation isnt all that hard anyway.

ye but video is another medium which hasn't been used anywhere on mybb. installation was just an example.
Maybe when you're done you can also link to your videos from the Wiki.
tyros8000 Wrote:
rcpalace Wrote:I don't mind being in it. As long as theirs something like this at the end of the tutorial: --Tutorial By: My name.

sounds cool Smile you would basically have an upload area where you make the videos so you could put your name on it etc. all i want in common is the same titeling to ensure the site is easy to navigation.

for example if you were doing a installation one, it would be called 'mybb screencasts - installation'. i still need to figure stuff out like whether to host them locally or youtube, i am thinking locally on my server since i could then offer downloadable versions and higher resolution ones since the poor youtube quality could lead to poor screencasts.

dave.

Pm me with your messenger e-mail. I'll talk to you from there.
sent the info along Smile