MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Will Mybb be suitable for a Maths forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

I have been interested in running my forum with Mybb for a while. However due to non availability of any official converters I have been put off. Until now!

Some of us are interested in setting up a Maths Forum, where we can share ideas, solutions, and support each other.

Does Mybb have any mods available for the editor (code box) that has mathematical charecters (symbols) like squared (^2), Pi, superscript, sub script etc, etc.?

If not can you suggest any other boards?

Thanks in advance.
Try HotEditor 4.2. NOTE: It has an advertisement for their website on the bottom. :-\
But HOTEditor is really HOT. Wink
dogma Wrote:Hi all

I have been interested in running my forum with Mybb for a while. However due to non availability of any official converters I have been put off. Until now!

Some of us are interested in setting up a Maths Forum, where we can share ideas, solutions, and support each other.

Does Mybb have any mods available for the editor (code box) that has mathematical charecters (symbols) like squared (^2), Pi, superscript, sub script etc, etc.?

If not can you suggest any other boards?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to MyBB, dogma!

Currently, I do not believe there is a mathematical equation generator available as a mod for MyBB. Read the next post

If there are any mod-authors interested in creating something like this, I suggest using the following technology (LaTeX):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaTeX
Jag100 Wrote:Try this
http://mods.mybboard.net/view.php?did=523

I stand corrected. Wink
@ H4x0rX - Thanks. The editor certainly looks good and I will consider installing it, although not for this purpose. As I was kinda looking for something more geared towards maths.

@ Jag100 & Kodaks - Thanks. I will check it out. btw Do you know if/where I can see a demo of this mod?

Oh and thanks for the welcome. So far I'm really impressed with Mybb.
That's a really interesting plugin/mod for educational forums. Smile
LaTeX is a display language created especially for the display of mathematical expressions. Unfortunately with the current plugin you have to manually enter the LaTeX expression. It would be nice if we hada wysiwyg editor.