MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Use Index Variables in the Header Template? (Lang Files)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm really bad at back-end so I may not even be defining the names correctly in the title but here's what I'm looking to do. And it seems quite complex. I wish I could provide accounts for this so users could check themselves but I can't as this board is hosted locally. Here's a screenshot of what i'm trying to achieve. 

http://prntscr.com/co4xtx

The idea is to take the sidebar which I recently used in a different themes index file and have that in the header file, meaning wherever you are on the forum the stats will be present and accurate. Along with recent posts etc (which is a plugin). How would I go about doing this?

(The MyBB copyrights are present in this design).
Recent posts is hooked to index_start, which means you have to hook it globally (global_start).
(2016-09-30, 12:52 PM)Sazze Wrote: [ -> ]Recent posts is hooked to index_start, which means you have to hook it globally (global_start).

Would it be too much to ask how that is done? Sorry if this is a lot to ask but it's definitely something that would be useful to learn (I need to also do this for the statistics the ones that are there are just numbers, not the actual statistics, would be amazing if you could help thank you)!

(2016-09-30, 01:10 PM)Jace Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-30, 12:52 PM)Sazze Wrote: [ -> ]Recent posts is hooked to index_start, which means you have to hook it globally (global_start).

Would it be too much to ask how that is done?  Sorry if this is a lot to ask but it's definitely something that would be useful to learn  (I need to also do this for the statistics the ones that are there are just numbers, not the actual statistics, would be amazing if you could help thank you)!

I managed to get the recent posts plugin to work thank you! Now I just need to do the statistics!