MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I discoverd CakePHP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is pretty darn awesome.

Makes writing PHP much more easier and organized.

I suggest anyone doing lots of php coding look into it.

and for the first time... you can bake and then eat your php code Toungue
What the heck is it suppose to do?
well its a php framework, modeled after the recently hyped ruby on rails. To sum everything up, it helps you build web applications faster.

Quote: 1. Hot Features:
* Model, View, Controller Architecture
* View Helpers for AJAX, Javascript, HTML Forms and more
* Built-in Validation
* Application Scaffolding
* Application and CRUD code generation via Bake
* Access Control Lists
* Data Sanitization
* Security, Session, and Request Handling Components
* Flexible View Caching
* And More...
2. Active, Friendly Community - Just join our IRC channel to see who's in. We'd love to help you get started.
3. Flexible License - Cake is distributed under the MIT License
4. Clean IP - Every line of code was written by the CakePHP development team
5. Extremely Simple - Just look at the name...It's Cake
6. Rapid Development - Build apps faster than ever before (check out the zZine article)
7. Best Practices - Cake is easy to understand and sets the industry standard in security authentication, and session handling, among other features.
8. OO - Whether you are a seasoned object-oriented programmer or a beginner, you'll feel comfortable
9. No Configuration - Set-up the database and watch the magic begin
I read about it a while ago - it's good but it's slow if your planning on using it on any real high-demand server
Tikitiki Wrote:I read about it a while ago - it's good but it's slow if your planning on using it on any real high-demand server

Yup.

I guess the tradeoff here is application speed vs. development speed.

CakePHP however does provide caching solutions. But in the long run, like most php apps, you still would have to horizontally scale your application by adding more servers.
I might go check this out. Sounds good
Ohh well, PHP frameworks have been there for a while now. A stable release of Zend framework shall change some things.

All of them are overkill unless you are building a big web application.