MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Require Avatar | Signature | Image Upload Approval
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yes, this is a plugin, but if you can suspend an avatar and a signature, why can't you have a middle option to have the Moderators though the Mod CP to accept / decline a users avatar along with the ability to moderate images before they are even shown on the forum?

Basically, a setting in the ACP which allows you to define which user groups need avatar approval/signature/image approval.

I am guessing it would look like:

Setting:

Require Avatar Approval
Yes
- If yes
--Which user groups
--+All user groups
--+select usergroups
No

Pending Image
(What will display while their avatar is pending)
*image path/image link*

Require Signature Approval
Yes
- If yes
--Which user groups
--+All user groups
--+select usergroups
No

Pending Image
(What will display while their signature is pending)
*image path/image link*

Require Image Approval
Yes
- If yes
--Which user groups
--+All user groups
--+select usergroups
No

Pending Image
(What will display while their signature is pending)
*image path/image link*

---------------

In the Mod CP, Mods (with the permission to accept/decline avatars/signatures) see the name of the person, what avatar/signature/image they are wanting to display, Accept | Reject.

I mainly suggest this because I cannot get the plugin to work, and it would make avatar/signature moderation easier.
I support this idea, especially for avatar and signature. I'm not sure how it would work for attachments.
I can see the usage of this, though I would presume it'd become extremely annoying.
I mostly support the signature checks, for the sake of signature spam prevention.

I have referred this on to our development team.
I also agree with this, good suggestion.
I Also Agree Its Good.
I think it's a good idea, alot of members using signatures they are not allowed to,
Mabey you can add a button on postbit signature that replacing the current signature
with another signature that say's that the member passed the signature laws,
and the new signature that you replacing will be editable trough the acp.
Thanks for the support!
Hi,

Your feature suggestion has been accepted as a planned feature to be implemented in MyBB 2.0. Thanks for your contribution!
First of all, I'd add it to User Group Permissions like how any other permission is managed.

As for this "Pending image," I wouldn't add an image/path setting to show a pending image, seems redundant and not very generalized since it would be better to act as if the user has no signature whilst waiting for approval. And for the avatar, use the old one until the new one is approved. If there is no avatar, revert to the default avatar.

For images inside a signature, as they do not upload any images but simply use codebuttons editor (External), it would simply go along with the signature approval and would not depend on any images.

It would be good to have another popper setting, if "Require Signature Approval" was enabled, to have a setting like "Only if signature contains images and/or links."

- This is taken from my discord conversation with Eldenroot, I do want to see if I can have time to make this feature, but I also want to work on something that is agreed upon by the MyBB Team. Let me know your thoughts on this.
I think the avatar approval is better as a plugin (I coded one for it), while the signature could be handy in core, but the two different signature behaviors you mention should be the same (what @GodLess101 above commented).
Pages: 1 2