MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: disable all external links
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to disable all external links in a post. I have disabled signatures. But i would like users to stop posting link on our forum. I tried the no links plugin, but it doesnt seem to work. I tried adding nofollow to a tutorial...but it was old and half the files no longer exist on 1.8.7 mybb.
It's something missing on MyBB and I've tried for years to try and find a good solution.

I did use the Extra forum permissions plugin on 1.6 but it cause me problems on 1.8

I too would like a good solution. Which for me would be "Allow links on a group basis"

But for now I have MyCode which makes all links dead.

Regular Expression

\[url](.*?)\[/url\]

Replacement

$1

I also use the "MyCode Plugin: Internal Linking" so members can add links to other threads etc.

Apart from that I've not found another option, and if anyone does have one please share.
The Google SEO plugin has an option that helps in this regard. It nofollows all recently posted links for a specified period. You can see it under Google SEO META settings.
(2016-10-03, 12:19 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]The Google SEO plugin has an option that helps in this regard. It nofollows all recently posted links for a specified period. You can see it under Google SEO META settings.

I may have read the OP wrong I was thinking Dead Links not No Follow.