MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remember my login default value
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to change the default value for the "Remember my login details for future visits" to be unchecked? I have multiple users that share computers and if they don't logout, the next user on the computer is automatically logged in as the previous user. I know where the checkbox is, I just would like to change the default to be unchecked. Version 1.2.7. Thank you.
Other than asking your member to uncheck the box themselves, it would require a core file change. in inc/datahandlers/user.php, find the following:

$this->verify_yesno_option($options, 'remember', 'yes');
and change to:

$this->verify_yesno_option($options, 'remember', 'no');

At least I'm pretty sure that will default it to no! Big Grin Give it a try to see if it works!
judel Wrote:Other than asking your member to uncheck the box themselves, it would require a core file change. in inc/datahandlers/user.php, find the following:

$this->verify_yesno_option($options, 'remember', 'yes');
and change to:

$this->verify_yesno_option($options, 'remember', 'no');

At least I'm pretty sure that will default it to no! Big Grin Give it a try to see if it works!

Worked perfectly...Thanks.
Glad I could help! Big Grin
Nice Judel... Nice
Big Grin I stumbled across that file when I was dealing with keeping PM's always on! LOL