MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where do I find the attemted login?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, where do I find the attempted login in the admin control panel. I have looked in Statistics and Logging > Administrator Log > View Log. I am not finding it. This would be the activity log of all the people that have attempted to log in successfully or unsuccessfully.

with warm regards
Ronald Cross
I don't think there is.
You receive an email every time someone fails to login. It's safer than storing it in a log which can easily be deleted.
The system is good at logging unsuccessful login attempts when it not the administrator. If someone is successful that isn't an administrator, will it also log that as well?
It will send you an email every time a user tries to login with the incorrect password regardless of whether the person trying to login is the actual user or a "hacker"
So if a person, who is not an administrator, is successful in login into my admin account and that person is not the moderator, then I will not receive an email and it will not be logged anywhere?

Is this correct? I just want to make sure I know how this works.
rlc65la Wrote:So if a person, who is not an administrator, is successful in login into my admin account and that person is not the moderator, then I will not receive an email and it will not be logged anywhere?

All Admin CP actions are logged in the Admin Logs. You only get an email if it's unsuccessful.
rlc65la Wrote:So if a person, who is not an administrator, is successful in login into my admin account and that person is not the moderator, then I will not receive an email and it will not be logged anywhere?

If the user logged in successfully, the fact that the user accessed the Admin CP homepage will be logged in the Admin Logs (along with IP Address).