MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Usergroups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there possibly a way to link user titles with usergroups.

I would like to make many usergroups so that I can create different permissions for user ranks. On the other hand I need user titles to organise who is what rank at a certain post amount.

Is there anyway to link the two together? Hope it makes sense.

To make things more understandable:
Goomba = 1 post = 1 attachment allowed; 10 PM allowed
Drybones = 50 posts = 5 attachement allowed; 50 PMs allowed
Mario = 750 posts = unlimited attachments; unlimited PMs; access to private honorary member's forum.

Thats just a draft of how I want to lay things out. Obviously there are more usergroups/ ranks.
The Skunkworks team for the http://ncaabbs.com/forums/ site currently has a promotion system in the works that will do just that.

MyBB 1.4 will also feature a more robust promotion system Smile
That's good to hear.

Isn't there anything at the moment that could link the two then? Also is there an estimate release date on MyBB 1.4 Tikitiki? What would you recommend me to do in the mean time?
goombastic Wrote:That's good to hear.

Isn't there anything at the moment that could link the two then? Also is there an estimate release date on MyBB 1.4 Tikitiki? What would you recommend me to do in the mean time?

Not at the moment, but I do think the plugin will be recently soon. 1.4 is guesttimated to be out in a few months give or takes. No guarantee's!

In the mean time you'd either have to manually do it or wait for the plugin.
When you say manually do you mean I would have to change some code and stuff to link the user title and usergroups together?
goombastic Wrote:When you say manually do you mean I would have to change some code and stuff to link the user title and usergroups together?

When I said manually I meant go into their user page and edit their user group once you notice they've reached x posts.
Ah... Erm. I think I'll wait. Big Grin Thanks for the help.