MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: OsCommerce configuration help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all,

I've just installed oscommerce on our site. Since there's no bridge existing between MyBB and OsCommerce, I just run them separately...not that big deal...

however, I was installing the USPS shipping-module but can't get it to work.

I've registered for USPS-account and I've requested them to move me to production-server, but not even the testing-part works.

Any experts on the matter that wouldn't mind walking me through this?

cheers,
Kimmo

PS. Only asking here because I frequent this place most...will go to oscommerce-forums as well to look for help...just thought there might be some experts here as well.
Hi Kimmo,
Are you using the official USPS shipping module, or are you attempting to use one of the many knock-offs? Please provide me with a link to the module in question.
Hey Kodaks,

I am trying to get this http://www.oscommerce.com/community/cont...87/page,12 to work....it seems to have everything I need.

cheers,
Kimmo
Are you sure you installed the full package? Often times these files are just updates to existing packages.

Do you see the module inside your admincp? Also are you using ssl? If so do you need to have the shipping module installed also on the ssl host (if seperate). I used to run a big OSC site and even wrote a couple modules. I have a few clients I help too. As a matter of fact I just updated his UPS module for him last week.

Goodluck and try to tell us exactly what's not working. Do you not see it on checkout? Or do you get any errors?
well the installation is through something called "installatron" offered by our host..and as far as I can see it's full...
everything works fine...except the contrib
I can see the module...I can even configure it...give my USPS client id...no password (that's what USPS told me), set all the other settings...but when I try to do a test-order it gives an error and tells me to contact the store-admins.....but that's me Sad
hmm...what's the exact error? And did you search for it at osc forums?
Quote:An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.
If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

as you can see..annoyingly non-descriptive error Sad and osc-forums didn't provide any help...
I am already on the production-server, I've tried all the tricks mentioned there...but nothing Sad
I see "finnish" on your profile..is this an english language osc or finnish? That might be related to the problem.

Also is your "production server" on an actual IP? It's possible that you need to be on a live server to test these modules. USPS may be very picky about who is contacting them. Also does your host run CURL..I believe that's required for this.
I think we're fine on all sets...the language is english... and when I mention productionserver I am referring to the USPS productionserver..they have test and production and I am connecting (or trying to) to the production-server.
CURL I don't know....how would I go about finding out?
run a phpinfo();

You can create a php file..call it phpinfo.php and place this in it:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Run the page via a browser and look for curl.
Pages: 1 2