MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Missing icon images, see pictures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2016-10-14, 01:43 AM)Starnova Wrote: [ -> ]I have one question though why are all the forum  font awesome icons the  same but one? One of them is like a glass.

Http://www.ebook-mecca.com

Because it is telling you to buy me a drink..., lol!  Cool I am just kidding!  Big Grin

Really it is because of this included for further modification by the user:

For example the wine glass you are asking about:  
f000

In global.css
.ficons_2 i:before {
	content: "\f000"; 
}
.ficons_3 i:before {
	content: "\f1ba";
}
.ficons_4 i:before {
	content: "\f0f5";
}
.ficons_6 i:before {
	content: "\f0e4";
}
.ficons_7 i:before {
	content: "\f03e";
}

[attachment=37631]

The only parts of this you'll want to change are the numbers and the icons. To find the number of a forum, when editing one in Forum Management, just look in the address bar for &fid=, whatever number follows that is the number to use in the CSS selector.

Finding New Icons

If you're using Google Chrome you can go here http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icons/ and right click > inspect element. Then expand the <i> tag and click the ::before element, which should show the icon in the right sidebar.

Note: if you don't want to use this feature just change as follows:

.ficons_2 i:before {
content: "\f086";
}

.ficons_3 i:before {
}

.ficons_4 i:before {
}

.ficons_5 i:before {
}

.ficons_6 i:before {
}

.ficons_7 i:before {
}
Thanks vintagedaddyo! I will fix that today  About that drink I certainly do owe you one..  Smile

There is one other problem that I noticed.. My audiobook category just shows the comments and will not change color when I post there.. Where can I change those?
(2016-10-14, 03:58 PM)Starnova Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks vintagedaddyo! I will fix that today  About that drink I certainly do owe you one..  Smile

There is one other problem that I noticed.. My audiobook category just shows the comments and will not change color when I post there.. Where can I change those?

Greetings..,

Currently away from a computer and trying to give support via cell phone is not optimal but let me see if I understand you correctly. If using ficons you need to add respective additional  css per id as I showed earlier..., just copy & modify to add additional  id #s. Ok if I am misunderstanding and what you wanted was different colored category theads on index then try something like this while further adjusting to your needs:

Edit Template:
forumbit_depth1_cat
Find:
<td class="thead{$expthead}" colspan="5">
Replace with:
<td class="thead{$expthead}" colspan="6" id="forum_cat_{$forum['fid']}">
Add to global.css:
#forum_cat_1 {   
  background: #202121 url('themes/devel/colors/black_thead.png') top left repeat-x;  
  border-bottom: 1px solid #000;
}

#forum_cat_2 {    
  background: #385947 url('themes/devel/colors/calm_thead.png') top left repeat-x;    
  border-bottom: 1px solid #263c30;
}

#forum_cat_3 {  
  background: #d56c2c url('themes/devel/colors/dawn_thead.png') top left repeat-x;    
  border-bottom: 1px solid #9a4e20;
}

#forum_cat_4 {   
  background: #4a3b2f url('themes/devel/colors/earth_thead.png') top left repeat-x;   
  border-bottom: 1px solid #31261e;
}

#forum_cat_5 { 
  background: #750000 url('themes/devel/colors/flame_thead.png') top left repeat-x;
  border-bottom: 1px solid #550000;
}

#forum_cat_6 { 
  background: #386e21 url('themes/devel/colors/leaf_thead.png') top left repeat-x;
  border-bottom: 1px solid #234615;
}

#forum_cat_7 { 
  background: #022338 url('themes/devel/colors/night_thead.png') top left repeat-x;
  border-bottom: 1px solid #011929;
}

#forum_cat_8 {
  background: #ffdd4d url('themes/devel/colors/sun_thead.png') top left repeat-x;
  border-bottom: 1px solid #ffaf1a;
}

#forum_cat_9 { 
  background: #273a46 url('themes/devel/colors/twilight_thead.png') top left repeat-x; 
  border-bottom: 1px solid #1d2b34;
}

#forum_cat_10 {
  background: #1e6365  url('themes/devel/colors/water_thead.png') top left repeat-x; 
  border-bottom: 1px solid #133f41;
}
oh my gosh, you went through that entire thing and this is what I wanted to know..

After you post on a myBB forum, the thread icon will change color indicating a new post.

On my site, only one section does that. The rest of the icons remain grey even after a post.

I am so sorry I know how difficult it is on the forums posting from your phone.   Been there many times Smile

I worked all afternoon and I still do not have it right...

The books worked great but when I added the other icons then they do not show the old ones do when I changed it...
 Here is an example of what I added in my global css:

.ficons_47 i:before {
	content: "\f02d";
}

.ficons_63 i:before {
	content: "\f025";
}

.ficons_74 i:before {
}

The forum in .ficons_47 are books and they show the ficons _63 and down are headphones and they do not show but rather the comment still shows there and does not indicate when there is a new post nor will it show the icon F025.So what am I doing wrong?
(2016-10-15, 04:11 PM)Starnova Wrote: [ -> ]oh my gosh, you went through that entire thing and this is what I wanted to know..

After you post on a myBB forum, the thread icon will change color indicating a new post.

On my site, only one section does that. The rest of the icons remain grey even after a post.

I am so sorry I know how difficult it is on the forums posting from your phone.   Been there many times Smile

I worked all afternoon and I still do not have it right...

The books worked great but when I added the other icons then they do not show the old ones do when I changed it...
 Here is an example of what I added in my global css:

.ficons_47 i:before {
	content: "\f02d";
}

}

.ficons_74 i:before {
}

The forum in .ficons_47 are books and they show the ficons _63 and down are headphones and they do not show but rather the comment still shows there and does not indicate when there is a new post nor will it show the icon F025.So what am I doing wrong?

* Also, correct me if I am wrong, but every forum has a unique forum ID so you would be doing it for every unique fid.

Hmmm, can you post your forumbit_depth2_cat & forumbit_depth2_forum please? Might also need to see the global.css and possibly other templates if you made major changes. Also I noticed the sub forums icons are different as well as the forum legend so I am assuming you have been making plenty of changes from the original.
That is the default page that is up there ... I was trying to see if I messed up on Devel by repeating the steps I made on the default template. The result is what you see there and that is why the header is not the same, I will put the other template up for you to see..

Let me show you the difference I found between the default forum_depth_2 template in Default and Devel..

<td class="{$bgcolor}" align="center" width="1"><div class="forum_status forum_{$lightbulb['folder']} ajax_mark_read ficons_{$forum['fid']}" title="{$lightbulb['altonoff']}" id="mark_read_{$forum['fid']}"><i class="fa fa-comments"></i></div></td>

Devel
<td class="{$bgcolor}" align="center" width="1"><div class="forum_status forum_{$lightbulb['folder']} ajax_mark_read" title="{$lightbulb['altonoff']}" id="mark_read_{$forum['fid']}"><i class="fa fa-comments"></i></div></td>

I see a difference but did not change anything because I did not want to wreck anything..The only thing I did was edit the global css to include the forum FID# and FAicon # to the global CSS.  I just do not know.. so here is what I will do.. Message you and you can poke around.. then when finished I will you can write where ever I need to make changes..

I wanted to say thank youfor your time and Devel is up and only a part of the icons are showing, although they all are on the default page, just so you know what I mean..They are all configured in the global CSS just like the others on the default page. Something is amiss because they display in the ebook section but not the audiobooks or anywhere else.

Devel is on the midnight theme

Default is on Dawn
There is your answer:

replace forumbit_depth_2_forum:

<div class="forum_status forum_{$lightbulb['folder']} ajax_mark_read ficons_{$forum['fid']}" title="{$lightbulb['altonoff']}" id="mark_read_{$forum['fid']}"><i class="fa fa-comments"></i></div>

and........,
that should get'er done. I can't do much support from this particular phone because this board is being all wonky with it and my laptop is dead on the battery..., I live on a bicycle and deplete my limited battery trying to support and create, and yes I am human so most likely I was tired and or running out of battery during one of my edits and forgot to change back that code as originally I had not planned on on keeping it in there due to the fact it requires more user edits which often leads to more support request thus trimming down my time to be creative, if that makes sense. Thanks for pointing it out and when I get a chance to get around to it and some battery life I will add it to my list of things to get too on next pkg update and fixes.
Okay I can do it.. just did not know if it was safe...I will fix the font awesome and all will be perfect.. Yup we are all human. Batteries run out, and brain power does freeze now and again. Thank you I really appreciate your time because I did learn as we went along.. Smile
(2016-10-16, 11:08 PM)Starnova Wrote: [ -> ]Okay I can do it.. just did not know if it was safe...I will fix the font awesome and all will be perfect.. Yup we are all human. Batteries run out, and brain power does freeze now and again. Thank you I really appreciate your time because I did learn as we went along..    Smile

Lol, yeah I can usually charge via my solar panels but it has been raining the last few days in Cen Cal hence no sun, sleep and a whole lotta wet. Eh, I will get back to helping more when I can.
I live in central California...but in a wooded area ..still have wireless.. Well there is a conflict on the theme somewhere that is causing the error, so I wll work on it tomorrow I do not like to stay on the laptop when it is thundering and lightening.. I usually unplug my router.. There is no problem my friend, I am very patient. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4