MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thanks (Appreciate the confidentiality pointer),
I have agreed that they can move my hosting to another server in their pool that will not have caching enabled.
This will hopefully solve the issue. I do still expect them to advise how the current server all of a sudden stated caching.
Fingers Crossed.
(2016-10-06, 12:41 PM)DoC_001 Wrote: [ -> ]I do still expect them to advise how the current server all of a sudden stated caching.

It's probably just typical shared hosting overselling.

I see they have plans that offer 1000MB (1GB) of disk space which increases per plan, and "unlimited" traffic. What hosting companies that offer shared hosting will often do is oversell servers, i.e. put too many people on one server. Your account may "allow" 1GB of storage, but they know most users won't use that much, so they put more accounts on that server than would fit if everyone did use the full 1GB - a hard drive only has a limited capacity. It's worse when companies offer "unlimited" storage - no hard drive I've ever used could store unlimited data! Smile

It's the same with "unlimited" bandwidth, what they mean is "unmetered". They still have to process all that traffic, and if they can reduce that, they will - this is where caching comes in, they can pass off some of the work to other servers, meaning their servers are less busy, so they can cram more people on them.

Not every host does this and not all do it as much as others, but with shared hosting, it's often more about those profit margins than it is about providing a quality service.

Hopefully this will fix the issues you've been having though!
And we are SORTED! Site moved to a cacheless sever and everything is back on track. Thanks for all the support, highly appreciated!

Cheers
Good news! Glad you're all sorted Smile
Pages: 1 2