MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help with Themes+Plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok i have a forum but every time i add a theme i need to deactivate all plugins and activate them again. And i need to set the settings of the plugins again. Is there any way that when i add a theme the plugins are autommaticly activated?

Thx, Pirata Nervo.
You don't have to deactivate all plugins. Which theme are you trying to install?
i have 12 plugins activatedand i want to install a new theme but every time i do that i need to install 11 plguins(the Quic ktheme changer doesnt need)
Oh you mean that the changes made by the plugin in the previous theme aren't applied in the new one? I don't think there's anything what you can do about it.
o, thx.
There is. If you can find the variables that the plugin uses( example: ($sf_shoutbox) ) in the old theme, you can add them to the new theme. This would be in the template section.

This would be quite some work still though, having to hunt for the variables. Another way would be to go to phpMyAdmin, and backup the mybb_settings table. Then, disable the plugin, install the theme, reenable the plugin, and apply the backup from phpMyAdmin. This way, your settings will not be lost.

Cheers Smile
Isn't reactivating all plugins more simple? Toungue
But if he did that, he would have to reconfigure them again. Smile
True. That's why I decided to stick with one theme. Toungue