MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lots of email notifications?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just moved my entire forum to a new host and under a new domain name. NOW, a member posted this just after the move:

"Hey admin. Everytime I post to a thread I check off the box to prevent email notification. Yet I keep getting scads of notifications by email. What's up with that? Is there a way I can turn this off permanently?"

Not sure what he could be referring to. Any ideas?
Maybe he is subscribed to a forum or a specific thread.

Links to check out:

http://community.mybboard.net/usercp.php...scriptions
http://community.mybboard.net/usercp.php...scriptions
Also, perhaps something is wrong with the javascripts. Make sure that all the javascrip files are uploaded, and that they are not corrupt.

Try asking him what happens if he says to disable smilies or his sig when he posts also.
If the Java scripts were damaged, would everyone have the same problem? Just curious.....I haven't heard any other complaints from any of the other members, just this one guy.
No, unless somehow it cached the javascrip on their side, which I don't think it did.

So, try what destroyer said, as I think that may be the issue.

Now, did he say if he was getting notices for threads that he didn't post in? If so, it is what Destroyer said.

Cheers Smile
If he has cleared all his subscriptions through the pages destroyer mentioned, then he shouldn't get any notification at all. Also he might want to disable email notification by default in User CP --> Edit Options
Thanks mates for the help. I will check with him, he hasn't said anymore, so maybe it was just a setting he needed to adjust.

On a side note: If I as the Admin turn OFF send email in my CP, will members still be able to send ME and email?
corky Wrote:On a side note: If I as the Admin turn OFF send email in my CP

If you mean in your User CP, then I don't think they will be able to email you through the email form.
Correct.
No, not from my User CP, but in the Admin CP, under :

Users and Groups > Manage Groups > Registered > Edit User Group > Can Send Emails

I tick "No" in the bullet...

Meaning they can't send email. But, could they still send ME email as Admin?
Pages: 1 2