MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Log-in problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have recentlly installed a myBB forum and the instalation went quite smoothly. The problem is that I can't login in the forum.
I can login in the Admin CP by accesing the forum/admin link but if I login from the forum page even though it says login succesfull after it redirects me back to the main page I'm still not logged in.
Do you know what might be causing this problem?
These are my forum stats :
MyBB version: 1.2.7
PHP version: 5.1.6-pl6-gentoo
DB version: MySQL 5.0.26
and the link: http://yumeria.xhost.ro
Admin CP --> Settings --> General Configuration

Please ensure your cookie settings are as follows:

Cookie Domain: yumeria.xhost.ro
Cookie Path: /
It works now! Thanks a lot! You are great!
I never would have guessed that it was the cookies fault Smile)
Tikitiki Wrote:Admin CP --> Settings --> General Configuration

Please ensure your cookie settings are as follows:

Cookie Domain: yumeria.xhost.ro
Cookie Path: /
I had a similar problem - My site didn't log me in on any first attempt. After I logged, I had to click the banner before it 'actually' logged me in. I then did what Tiki suggested, as I didn't have the domain path filled in (it was empty). However after including my cookie domain, I now find that I can't log out.

Does anyone have any suggestions or a link to a possible answer?

Currently my cookie domain is: mysite.co.uk and my domain path is: /
You need to clear your cookies before trying again Smile
Tikitiki Wrote:You need to clear your cookies before trying again Smile
Many thanks Tiki, that worked!Smile
Me again...
I found out that now I can't loggout :|
I set the cookie domain as you told me, and it works to login, but not to logout
Try doing a hard refresh Ctrl + F5
Flaw Wrote:Me again...
I found out that now I can't loggout :|
I set the cookie domain as you told me, and it works to login, but not to logout

Clear your cookies, login again and then logouts will work fine.
This is gettin freakin' annoying.
Not only that I still cannot logout, even after I deleted the cookies, but new users cannot login again.
And last night it worked. But now it doesn't work again.
At first, I though it was because of this problem:
Quote:Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/free/xhost.ro/yumeria.xhost.ro/global.php:1) in /home/www/free/xhost.ro/yumeria.xhost.ro/inc/functions.php on line 1118
That line says :
Quote:header($cookie, false);
At first, I kinda ignored it ( added a "//" in front of it ) and the warning dissapeared.
I realised than that this might be the cause of the not be able to login/logout problems so I removed the quote.
The warning reapeared ( it appears three times now and it used to appear only once) and the logging in/out still doesn't work.
P.S. The warning appears in the page's header. After I see a blank screen with that error message, I'm redirected to the forum page, but the warning remains as I said in the page's header.
Pages: 1 2