MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb copies CSS style when inserted into editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When you copy text fro ma website (And for example it is in red), and paste that text in the editor of MYBB. MyBB copies that text to be red. I would like to disable this. I want it to ignore any styles that are pasted in.

For example, i copied the rules for this post, and it is red, bold, and has bullets. How can i disable that and get just the straight text?

Quote:To expedite the process of answering the multitude of questions for MyBB 1.8, please include the following information when posting your problems:
  • Detailed description of your problem, including steps to reproduce if necessary

• URL to your forum/URL to specific problematic page

• New installation or upgrade (from which version of MyBB)?

• Test user account (if it requires additional permissions)

• Screenshot or error text, verbatim
Also, please read the sticky threads and search before posting your question.

Finally, to those offering support, pleaseĀ do not ask for your reply to be marked as the best answer, if users wish to mark a best answer they will do so of their own accord.

Thanks for your cooperation,
I want it so if you copy that you get
Quote:To expedite the process of answering the multitude of questions for MyBB 1.8, please include the following information when posting your problems:
Detailed description of your problem, including steps to reproduce if necessary
URL to your forum/URL to specific problematic page
New installation or upgrade (from which version of MyBB)?
Test user account (if it requires additional permissions)
Screenshot or error text, verbatim

Finally, to those offering support, please do not ask for your reply to be marked as the best answer, if users wish to mark a best answer they will do so of their own accord.

(2016-10-07, 11:04 PM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]When you copy text fro ma website (And for example it is in red), and paste that text in the editor of MYBB. MyBB copies that text to be red. I would like to disable this. I want it to ignore any styles that are pasted in.

For example, i copied the rules for this post, and it is red, bold, and has bullets. How can i disable that and get just the straight text?

• Detailed description of your problem, including steps to reproduce if necessary

• URL to your forum/URL to specific problematic page

• New installation or upgrade (from which version of MyBB)?

• Test user account (if it requires additional permissions)

• Screenshot or error text, verbatim

Finally, to those offering support, pleaseĀ do not ask for your reply to be marked as the best answer, if users wish to mark a best answer they will do so of their own accord.

I want it so if you copy that you get
Detailed description of your problem, including steps to reproduce if necessary
URL to your forum/URL to specific problematic page
New installation or upgrade (from which version of MyBB)?
Test user account (if it requires additional permissions)
Screenshot or error text, verbatim

Finally, to those offering support, please do not ask for your reply to be marked as the best answer, if users wish to mark a best answer they will do so of their own accord.

I don't think there is a straight forward solution to do this, there is however a remove formatting button (last button in the 3rd group of buttons) in the editor itself.
Ive noticed. But if you paste a lot of text that has different styles, you could be threading through it forever to just extract the text. MY solution at this point is to copy to Gedit, or some other editor, then recopy from that, then paste into MyBB editor. I was hoping to skip those steps.

oh.... i didnt even see that before. I thought you were talking about the view source button. Nice!

This is exactly what i was looking for. But i would like to automate this. Such as either remove all formatting in editor completely all the time, or remove all formatting in certain code tags.