MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: unable to move posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a post in thread A that should be in thread B. I want to move the selected post to thread B.

When i select this post from thread A, and put in the URL of thread B to move it to, it get the error
The URL for the thread to move to seems to be invalid or empty. Please copy the exact URL into the textbox.
Please go back and try again.

Im wondering if this is because i have Google SEO?

Another question related to this...IS there a plugin that allows mods to select the new thread fro ma dropbox instead of inserting a URL?
Yes, you need to use actual link of that thread. Simply do it like you are answering to thread B. Use that link while you move.
Btw you are not unable to move threads, you can move threads just fine. You are unable to move posts from one thread to another.
That means every time one of my mods wants to move a post to a different thread, they have to reply to thread B just to get the URL ID of that thread (by reply i mean go into the reply editor). That seems quite messed up. However if you link to that thread via Google SEO URL, then it knows the URL ID. Even if you change the title name it still knows the URL ID. Why cant this do it for the mod tools too? 

PhpBB has the option to select threads from a list to move a post to. I find the requirement of the URL odd. Is there a plugin that allows this feature?

Quote:Btw you are not unable to move threads, you can move threads just fine. You are unable to move posts from one thread to another.
sorry fixed the title

EDIT:
Id like to add that i did not know how to get the URL ID before, so thanks for the workaround.
Anyone?

Is there a plugin to switch this to a dropdown menu of threads instead of putting in a link to the thread?