MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Clean modern theme for new site, some quick questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=37598]

Trying to move away from traditional forum layouts but also trying not to stray too far. 

Haven't used MyBB in 4 years and glad to finally back with the community.

Some quick questions

- How do I take a thread's excerpt and display them on the threadlist? Wondering if there's some built-in functionality that let's me do this.
- How do I take the first embedded image and display them on the threadlist?

Let me know what you think about the direction that I'm taking with the look I'm going after.
Reminds me of some WordPress theme. Interesting looks.
Don't take this personal, but that design is "traditional" for me.

It looks like bootstrap default design. I don't know if you're using bootstrap or not.

The rest is fine for me, maybe I change the width of the thread container to use all the width, but it's just my opinion.
(2016-10-12, 04:50 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]Don't take this personal, but that design is "traditional" for me.

It looks like bootstrap default design. I don't know if you're using bootstrap or not.

The rest is fine for me, maybe I change the width of the thread container to use all the width, but it's just my opinion.

Thanks. I'm trying to go for a look that's familiar to my target audience. Unfortunately, forums detract from what they're familiar with. 

Thanks for the feedback! Smile