MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Latest Threads Code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I am working on a forums, and I am trying to run it so that it has a Latest Activity bar on the right, as you can see on the forums. The problem I have ran into is a little line of code that is referencing something from another template. I am currently using the iGame template and the original template is called -revolution. If anyone would help me out, that would be great!
Here is my forums:
http://bmsgaming.hosted.nfoservers.com/index.php
have a look at step 2 of this post
you have to use class portal_latestthreads for the tr element (like below)
<tr class="portal_latestthreads">
I don't know if I am having troubles with where I am placing this, but it doesn't seem to work.
^ portal_latestthreads_thread template of iGame theme needs to be edited
and <tr> needs to be changed to <tr class="portal_latestthreads">

see also templates guidance
I did that, but the latest threads are not showing up on the right
if you are using cloudflare services,
you have to purge its cache and turn on development mode and then do theme / template changes
(2016-10-09, 03:19 AM)|| PikaKid || Wrote: [ -> ]I did that, but the latest threads are not showing up on the right

Not sure about your specific theme but primarily with any theme you do not necessarily have to use javascript or a plugin to achieve this.

I was going to post the instructions via this post but it kept blocking me via cloudflare for some silly reason.

So I wrote the instructions in a .txt file & added to a .zip file for you as an attachment.
[attachment=37599]

* if needed I threw the instructions completed into a default theme as well if needed.
Here ya go!
[attachment=37600]

Results of instructions:

[Image: 2s9ugpu.png]
[Image: 2vvuicn.png]
Vintagedaddyo, I imported your theme into my forums and if you go to it, there is no latest Thread bar on the right

Anyway, I did it .m.'s way, and it worked finally, but I was wondering if there was any type of code that would put a border around it
(2016-10-09, 03:13 PM)|| PikaKid || Wrote: [ -> ]Vintagedaddyo, I imported your theme into my forums and if you go to it, there is no latest Thread bar on the right

Anyway, I did it .m.'s way, and it worked finally, but I was wondering if there was any type of code that would put a border around it

Ah, well first of all you have to overwrite with the included files and I forgot to place the lang file in the right spot when I first made the zip pkg but that wouldn't matter too much on actual display. Anywhoo, I just updated the zip to put the lang file in correct directory..., without overwriting index.php and global.lang.php of course it would not display for you.., because it is missing the required files that I included and mentioned in the Documentation as well as mentioned in the manual instructions.
(2016-10-09, 08:38 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-09, 03:13 PM)|| PikaKid || Wrote: [ -> ]Vintagedaddyo, I imported your theme into my forums and if you go to it, there is no latest Thread bar on the right

Ah, well first of all you have to overwrite with the included files and I forgot to place the lang file in the right spot when I first made the zip pkg but that wouldn't matter too much on actual display. Anywhoo, I just updated the zip to put the lang file in correct directory..., without overwriting index.php and global.lang.php of course it would not display for you.., because it is missing the required files that I included and mentioned in the Documentation as well as mentioned in the manual instructions.

Do you happen to have the updated .zip file that I could download?
Pages: 1 2