MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SSL - What to do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Devilshakerz, could you please help me understanding this.

My host gave me ONE free SSL license, I actively use my main domain adress and one extra subdomain adress. They've said that I have to choose between them and if I want other one to get SSL aswell, I should be getting another SSL license with money.

I chose the subdomain.

I don't know how to but if I get SSL from Cloudflare for my entire site and ONLY my subdomain got SSL between Cloudflare and Server, what happens to my main domain with no SSL? Wont that cause any problem? If Cloudflare gives everyone free SSL why everyone doesnt have SSL?

Edit : Sadly in Cloudflare options it tells me this : "Ineligible for SSL"
(2016-10-10, 07:51 PM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly in Cloudflare options it tells me this : "Ineligible for SSL"
It's possible that your domain extension is not supported (such as .ir).

Quote:I don't know how to but if I get SSL from Cloudflare for my entire site and ONLY my subdomain got SSL between Cloudflare and Server, what happens to my main domain with no SSL? Wont that cause any problem?
Your site can still be accessible via HTTPS when using the Flexible SSL option - the connection between your users and Cloudflare will be secured, but not between Cloudflare and your server.

Quote:If Cloudflare gives everyone free SSL why everyone doesnt have SSL?
Mostly caused by outdated software, compatibility issues, laziness and lack of respect for users' privacy and security.
No my domain extension is .com :/
(2016-10-10, 06:32 PM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]So apparently you can not use SSL and Cloudflare at the same time, you need to upgrade to paid account on Cloudflare to do that or you should simply remove Cloudflare from your site to get SSL. What a joke.

SSL and Cloudflare work together.  If you are interested in having a dedicated certificate you can pay a small fee to add it to any account (even free).  If you want to bring your own certificate you will need to upgrade to a BIZ account.
How do I get that free certificate?

Okay new update on this issue:

If you got Cloudflare account via your host, you are not actually 'full' member of Cloudflare and you won't be use some features, including SSL.

I had to remove my website and add it by myself (instead of via host) in order to get SSL option opened.

(2016-10-10, 02:25 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{SERVER_NAME} =$WebsiteName
RewriteRule ^ https://%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI} [END,QSA,R=permanent]

I'd think that would work.

When I added this I got 500 Internal Error msg on my forum. Was I supposed to change something here?
Pages: 1 2