MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I have had my forum closed for hours but
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My forum has now been closed for 4 hours and yet guests are coming in droves. 6 - 8 per hour. I am trying to configure my site ..and yet there are people all the time.. 
Is there something I can do ?  when it's closed that is what I want it to be.

They are reading threads too... they are not bots either hmmm
If your board is closed guests can't read threads, even if it does show them online.
(2016-10-09, 11:01 PM)Starnova Wrote: [ -> ]My forum has now been closed for 4 hours and yet guests are coming in droves. 6 - 8 per hour. I am trying to configure my site ..and yet there are people all the time.. 
Is there something I can do ?  when it's closed that is what I want it to be.

They are reading threads too... they are not bots either hmmm

By closed, what do you mean?

How about try logging out and browsing as a guest to see if the board is truly closed or not?
I have been having some odd issues with my site lately. One is that there are users on long after I have closed. when I go to see whre they are .. they are all over the forum reading etc. So I have to assume something is wrong..their IPs check out..

Now today I was shocked when I went into my Admin and wanted to work on the templates and Xthreads. Someone is on the skin I do not have up and running, and they are  marked as 1   all other members are on the default skin I have up..

what is going on? Can someone advise me? I use the spam filters and everything I can..  

thank you,
site
Shy
well I closed it in adminCP but I was working on it, when I went to check my work there were 8 guests where there were 3 when I closed. SO i went and ran their IPs to see if they were bots and they were not .. two were downloading files a couple were reading online one was reading a thread and then one left as I was checking.
you can log out from forum and check whether guests or normal users can access forum content & unlisted themes.
who's online does not show error page when visitors try to access unavailable content !
Okay it is strange though I checked my chmod too and all is in order. They will just have to put up with things happening like the check of a configuration. I only close it if updating.