MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving my host from one MYSQL to another using Ubuntu VPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I created my forum I was using a temporary and cheap webhost provider, but now that I've figures things out I need to move the forum to a completely different server (which in this case is a Ubuntu Server VPS) and I've been testing around with the command line for the last two days and have gotten FTP working, MySQL installed and mostly working, and the forum is loading but it's giving me this error when I try to load into /index.php.

MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (44)
Error Message:
MyBB was unable to load the SQL extension. Please contact the MyBB Group for support. MyBB Website

I've been working for several hours with my hosting provider to get this working but since MyBB is third party they recommended I bring this issue to the forums here and see what we can figure out. 

Editing this in - 
Yes I'm updating the config.php file in /inc/, that's not the problem here.

I've created a new MySQL database using linux command line, created MySQL user using linux command line, and have attempted to give permissions to said user to said database using linux command line. When I go to give the user the "ALL" permission as this tutorial suggests, it gives me this error.
Tutorial in question ---> http://www.liquidweb.com/kb/grant-permis...mand-line/

ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to
your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'permission ON *.* TO 'localhost'@ 
'localhost'' at line 1 

I made the user 'localhost' and a database to go with it, but it's giving me an error. This is what I'm trying to paste which causes the error.

GRANT update permission ON *.* TO 'localhost'@'localhost';

All this should do according to the tutorial is give update power to the localhost user to update rows in a table. I tried using 'ALL' first but it didn't work. I also tried using the database name in place of *.* but that also didn't work. 

For those curious as to why I don't just use my previous MySQL database and allow external connections, I'll no longer have access over the database due to the transfer. My forum is still live but the testing version here that I want to replace it is still offline because of this issue. I'm going from 50 concurrent user lock to unmetered concurrent users and 6,000GB monthly bandwidth. Big Grin If I can get this working I'll be the happiest little man ever.
MyBB was unable to load the SQL extension. Please contact the MyBB Group for support. MyBB Website

Make sure you have properly selected your SQL extension (Mysqld, etc).

GRANT update permission ON *.* TO 'localhost'@'localhost';

Change this to:

GRANT UPDATE ON *.* TO 'localhost'@'localhost';