MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CANNOT LOGOUT AFTER UPGRADE TO 1.2.8?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Coppermine.

The MyBB link should also be updated if you're having problems with logging out from within MyBB, and how to fix that is detailed in the link in the first post.
DennisTT Wrote:Coppermine.

The MyBB link should also be updated if you're having problems with logging out from within MyBB, and how to fix that is detailed in the link in the first post.
Thanks. Yes, unfortunately this problem is happening when logging out of MyBB as well.

Thanks again,

Lyman
lgldsr Wrote:Thanks. Yes, unfortunately this problem is happening when logging out of MyBB as well.

Yep the instructions provided by Chris should fix that problem.
DennisTT Wrote:
lgldsr Wrote:Thanks. Yes, unfortunately this problem is happening when logging out of MyBB as well.

Yep the instructions provided by Chris should fix that problem.
Thanks. Been there/done that early this morning. No modification to any templates prior to upgrade (or before) and there are no custom templates in use.

Lyman
ok i am having the same problem, i have looked for solutions but get completely lost, due to the size of threads and other people getting involved.

This is the error i get:

Your user ID could not be verified to log you out. This may have been because a malicious Javascript was attempting to log you out automatically. If you intended to logout, please click the Logout button at the top menu.

I am using the latest version, 1.2.8, but i did not upgrade from 1.2.7 as i started my forum again from scratch. I have the arcade mod on there, flashchat and now coppermine. Also i have the admin pm mod too.
I have tried deleting cookies, deactivating mods and activating them again. I get this error if i log out of mybb or coppermine.
I also use a custom template, with Mavi.

Could someone please tell me the solution, with out sending me to pages after pages, to look at. or tell me the thread number for answer, please. I do not have anymore time to look through.

Thanks in advance.

Steve
link to forum?
You will probably have to edit the templates in your custom template set

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...#pid140142 - that thread shows you what the logout code should look like in those templates, just find something similar in the existing template, and replace it with the new code in that post.
Thanks guys but i have come accross one problem, which is what i think is causing the trouble. These are codes that should be used:

This worked for me on older themes to work in 1.2.8 and avoid the unable to logout error.

The logout code should be:

In header_welcomeblock_member:
Code:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&amp;uid={$mybb->user['uid']}&amp;sid={$session->sid}">{$lang->welcome_logout}</a>)<br />

In index_logoutlink:
Code:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&amp;uid={$mybb->user['uid']}&amp;sid={$session->sid}">{$lang->index_logout}</a> |

In changeuserbox:

Code:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&amp;uid={$mybb->user['uid']}&amp;sid={$session->sid}">{$lang->change_user}</a>

How ever on this one:

In header_welcomeblock_member:
Code:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&amp;uid={$mybb->user['uid']}&amp;sid={$session->sid}">{$lang->welcome_logout}</a>)<br />

I can not find a logout code to replace it with in the header_welcomeblock_member. Do you now where abouts i should put it?

Thanks

Steve
You'll have to open a page on your forum, and view the source and try to find out where the logout link is. By default it is in header_welcomeblock_member, but if you are using a modified template, it may have been moved elsewhere.
It was in header, thanks for your help.

Steve
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5