MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Dice system Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am looking for a dice system that is a little bit more complex. I am learning to code myself, but I get confused easily. I will pay for this job, but I am not sure for the price, so we will need to discuss this. What I need is an ability to roll dice as an extra post. The user would choose a dice from the list when posting, The rolls will be shown below the post without the ability to change them (maybe only for the admin). This should also be saved somewhere. 

The next thing, I need a box on the side of the forum, which would show what dice were roled for each user in this post. Admin should be able to remove one of the dice at any time and the dice should be added when new ones are roled. As an added bonus, I would like this to work on specific forums only.

Lastly, but most importantly, I want comments explaining everything in the code. Thats the only reason I can explain to myself, why I would spend money on this little hobby project. After the code is given, I would be thankful if you could answer any questions about the code to an amatuer like me.

Thank you for your time.
You may get someone to do this for you. But I don't think you will find a dev teacher for a low price... Plus that any serious developer would refuse support for bugfixes for a plugin that was modified by someone else (you). Except if you pay him to fix it, that's another story.

If you truly want to learn, start from the programming basics, then PHP specific coding and so on.

Just an advice!
Thanks for replying and for the advice. I am using some online courses. Smile

Just to be clear. I don't want bug support. I wanted more of the "Why did you use this method, why is it better" support. Comments will be enough and I just want clarification on those comments (if I misunderstand).

I am sorry if I wasn't clear enough Smile
I have a dice plugin that I had created. It does create a new post as a separate user and specifies which dice was rolled, the amount of times it was rolled, and what the results of the roll(s) were. You are able to select which forums the plugin works in.

The admin CP allows you to create, modify, and delete dice. You can use images for the sides or a number. Managing dice has its own admin permission in case you don't want all admins to have access to it. If you would like a live demo of it, please send me a private message and I will hook you up with an account.

Private work that I do I don't put a lot of comments in. Areas that are complex I tend to put something so I know what it does quickly. I am completely self taught in PHP and SQL. I had the desire to learn so I looked at code and figured it out.
(2016-10-18, 11:29 PM)Algraud Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for replying and for the advice. I am using some online courses. Smile

Just to be clear. I don't want bug support. I wanted more of the "Why did you use this method, why is it better" support. Comments will be enough and I just want clarification on those comments (if I misunderstand).

I am sorry if I wasn't clear enough Smile

Any seriuos freelance developer offers bug support. At least for a limited period of time.

A custom made plugin will probably have some bugs at first. It must be hardly tested until it's stable...