MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What are the steps i have to follow to change my mybb to new domain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,
am going to buy a new domain name and i wish to move my mybb site to a new domain name please help me with what are the things i should do to do this without any errors
Change the name servers of the domain with hosting name servers.

It is very easy. Sometime it take 2 to 4 hours for action.
In settings just change the Board URL and Cookie Domain under Site Details. That should be it. Unless you hard coded something like plugins or the themes logo or image path.
(2016-10-19, 02:40 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]In settings just change the Board URL and Cookie Domain under Site Details. That should be it. Unless you hard coded something like plugins or the themes logo or image path.

But doesn't he need to copy files and databases?
(2016-10-20, 10:19 AM)amythyr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-19, 02:40 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]In settings just change the Board URL and Cookie Domain under Site Details.  That should be it.  Unless you hard coded something like plugins or the themes logo or image path.

But doesn't he need to copy files and databases?

He is only changing domain name, not the webhosting server.
thanks for your replies am only going to change domain name not hosting, I have another doubt too is it possible to use different domain name for sub domain in linux hosting
What do you mean exactly?

You can point any domain/subdomain you own to your forum...