MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Filebase/Download Manager 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody!
I'm looking for a filebase/download manager for 1.8 - like the "Downloads"-Plugin, which isn't compatible with 1.8 (only with 1.6). Is there any solution/plugin like this which works on 1.8? 

Thanks! Smile
If you link me the 1.6 plugin, I can try to make it compatible with 1.8.*
(2016-10-19, 02:30 PM)sparks fly Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everybody!
I'm looking for a filebase/download manager for 1.8 - like the "Downloads"-Plugin, which isn't compatible with 1.8 (only with 1.6). Is there any solution/plugin like this which works on 1.8? 

Thanks! Smile

I basically already updated it.

See here: 
https://community.mybb.com/thread-171009...pid1249176 

When I get some free time..., I will package it up  for you.

Here ya go:
[attachment=37691] * Update: a user pointed out that he was getting an error related to rebuild settings..., which prompted me to find out that I had completely forgotten to add the updated settings.php from my localhost to the package. Quickly viewing the header comment after the error was reported showed me I had accidently left the old file in the package. My apologies. The attachment is now updated. For those of you who already have the package here is the replacement settings.php file that goes in "admin/modules/downloads/settings.php"

[attachment=37714]

* please note it is a very basic update for 1.8 usage and few other minor fixes like  simple language fixes as that was a complaint from previous folks of all the mixed languages and not a true full english translation....., for the most part I fixed that and I did and do plan on continuing fixing further as my time allows but eh, you asked for the plugin now so you can have this functioning as is atm.

Look in your forum root directory for a folder called downloads inside that you will see folders like themes plugins previews and add your downloads there. Then use that path as your download link. Same goes for previews hence the previews, screens and title folders. Hopefully that makes sense.

Examples:

[Image: 70hs7c.png]

[Image: bhd1g7.png]

[Image: 2mouxki.png]

[Image: 2r2t3e0.png]

[Image: 6hu64g.jpg]

Note: * I find using this: File Manager
together with the plugin is rather helpful  *** Now included in the plugin package for easier management of files