MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Update from 1.8.7 to 1.8.8 and links don't work anymore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
as the subject says, after the update, every link we write in any post doesn't show up and same behaviour for every images or video, no metter we use the appropriate "insert img/video/link button.
At the moment we are using MyRed theme and some plugins, but it does the same with the original theme (and no other theme installed) and no plugins enabled.
Also smiles don't show up in the little windows on the new thread page (maybe it is related).

Am I missing something in the board settings or something similar?

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: plying with the attachments settings in the admin area, I found something wrong in the relative database table... I found all the attachments types are disabled and I cannot enable them because it generate an sql error, and some fileds are missing in the table :o... Anyone knows why??

Thanks again

Ok, I manually added the missing fields in the attachtypes table, and now it lets you edit/enable/disable the attachment type, BUT images and link aren't still shown on post and signatures... Curious thing is if I add an image on my signature in my user panel, it shows me the image, then when I see a post of mine it doesn't show up. Smiles are still missing...

Thanks
Didin't mean to hijack your thread but we're having the exact issue (https://community.mybb.com/thread-205188.html). It seems there's a bug in 1.8.8. Though embedded videos work on our forum.

The thing with attachtypes table has also occurred but we fixed it the same way you did it.
Yes I read your post but I thought it was only about smiles... well now it is clear there is a possible bug or issue on this latest build... got to check better for the videos... I'll update you later here.

Thanks

UPDATE: Yes as you said video embedding is wotking fine (at least with youtube video)... Smiles work if you manually (writing the code of the smile you want to use) insert them in the post you are wrinting, but aren't displayed in their respective box on the right of the text area... Links and images IN POSTS AND SIGNATURES (and also in DVZ shoutbox for example) are completely filtered, they aren't there if you look at the page html source
There also appears to be a problem with post quoting. If you just use quote tag to quote some text, then it works fine, but if you quote a specific post using a quote button (when the link to the post is generated), then the whole quoted post is simply an empty area. Has this happened to your forum too? Again, it appears to be related with the fact a link is generated (in this case a link to another post).

I think this whole problem might be temporarily solved by uploading an old 1.8.7. file that controls the links. Which one though?
I tried on a local machine and it works great, and with the same theme, so it is not theme related.
Found that, I saved all the db data and the I reinstalled the entire forum with a fresh new 1.8.8 release.
After I reinstalled, I deleted the basic forum and thread provided with the installation.
Then I erased the mybb_users table, to avoid duplicate username, and imported only the tables about posts, threads, userprofiles (I can write down a list if you need it)
Then reinstalled the theme.
It's token me a morning to get al the things done... but now it works Smile

You can check it here