MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suggestion for Upgrade Package
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
On the upgrade package there is the install/index.php which if accidentally opened is going to screw the upgrade. IMHO it's not needed in the upgrade package at all and it only raises the risk of someone accidentally emptying there config and setting files. If it wasn't included this wouldn't be an issue.

Just a thought for future releases and it might lower the amount of mistakes hence would lower the support requests.
Makes sense to me! Why WOULD the install file even be in the upgrade package???
The reason is currently both of them share a common file set.

I think I will add some additional checks in to the installer to find out of MyBB is already installed, if it is, show a warning and link to the upgrade script.
Chris Boulton Wrote:The reason is currently both of them share a common file set.

I think I will add some additional checks in to the installer to find out of MyBB is already installed, if it is, show a warning and link to the upgrade script.

I think we need to show just the warning and not the installer interface at all - so people don't overlook it. With a nice "proceed" button or something.
Really nice idea.
Added an error page when you already have MyBB installed with an link to proceed.
Thanks, that's very helpful. Big Grin
Chris Boulton Wrote:The reason is currently both of them share a common file set.

That would be good. The best Mybb can do to make support better is to take preventative measures so inexperienced users don't make mistakes. They seem to blame mybb for every mistake they make.
Implemented last night.

Attached is how it looks/works.
Nice. Shouldn't it be "MyBB has directed it's already configured in this directory?"
Pages: 1 2