MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with report-function after upgrade to 1.8.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After updating from 1.8.7 to 1.8.8 i noticed a problem:
When a forummember wants to report a message and clicked on the 'report'-button, a checkbox with a few options appears. After selection of one of those options it says: 'The selected reason is invalid'. What went wrong, what can I do to solve this problem?
I think your problem is related to this issue: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/2477

You can fix it editing the file report_reason.php at line 267

Look for the string "reports" and change it to "reportedcontent".

Edit: I misunderstood the problem. This is not the solution.
Problem is "report.php" in MyBB root dir.
(2016-10-26, 07:58 PM)Neeeeeeeeeel.- Wrote: [ -> ]I think your problem is related to this issue: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/2477

You can fix it editing the file report_reason.php at line 267

Look for the string "reports" and change it to "reportedcontent".

Thanks, I will try it this evening and let you know if it worked.

(2016-10-27, 03:45 AM)Area Master Wrote: [ -> ]Problem is "report.php" in MyBB root dir.

What do you mean, what exactly is wrong in that file and what should I change?
You will need to apply the template changes from the upgrade.

Admin CP -> Templates & Style -> Templates -> Find Updated Templates
Apply the changes to the report & report_reasons templates and ensure you have a report_reason template as well. Smile
(2016-10-27, 04:37 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]You will need to apply the template changes from the upgrade.

Admin CP -> Templates & Style -> Templates -> Find Updated Templates
Apply the changes to the report & report_reasons templates and ensure you have a report_reason template as well. Smile

Thanks a lot Jordan; it looks if it's working now. After reporting a message I get a mail wich tells me that the message is reported.

But.......

The preset (chooseable) reason is not written in that mail, except if there is manually entered reason (option 'Other') See below:

Reports with a default chooseable reason(Breaks forum rules / Inappropriate content / Spam content / Wrong forum):
Quote:The reason this user gave for reporting this post:  This stays emty; there's no text at all......

Reports with manually defined reason (Other):
Quote:The reason this user gave for reporting this post:
This reason is mentioned in this mail allright (so this works correctly)

Any idea what could be the problem? It isn't a big deal but it would be nice if it worked like it should work Smile
Thanks for bringing that to our attention!

That is an bug in the recent implementation of report reasons. I've created a issue on GitHub where you can track our progress on fixing it. [Issue #2448] Smile
(2016-10-27, 07:06 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for bringing that to our attention!

That is an bug in the recent implementation of report reasons. I've created a issue on GitHub where you can track our progress on fixing it. [Issue #2448] Smile

You're welcome JordanMussi; I hope it can be solved!
But are you sure Github issue 2448 is the wright one? It talks about a problem wiith smilies Huh
(2016-10-28, 06:52 AM)wageral Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-27, 07:06 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for bringing that to our attention!

But are you sure Github issue 2448 is the wright one? It talks about a problem wiith smilies Huh

My apologies... it's actually [Issue #2488] Smile
(2016-10-28, 11:26 AM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-28, 06:52 AM)wageral Wrote: [ -> ]

My apologies... it's actually [Issue #2488] Smile

Thanks Jordan; this makes more sense Wink  . I will wait untill this problem will be solved. Is not a big deal but anyway, it should work offcourse.