MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Edit History Log and MyBB 1.8.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ever since updating to MyBB 1.8.8, the Edit History Log plugin (v1.3) by Starpaul20 is doubling up its text in a post. Example:

Today, 01:47 AM (This post was last modified: Today, 01:50 AM by addiesin. Edited 3 times in total. Edited 3 times in total.) (View Edit History) (View Edit History)

I can't seem to find the template code that is causing this. Can anyone please advise?

UPDATE: A little more digging and I discovered an extra

{$post['edithistory']}

in the postbit template. That removes one of the extra View History links, but the Edited X times in total is still doubled up.
Please post your "postbit_editedby" and "postbit_classic" templates.
Here is the postbit_editedby

<span class="edited_post">({$post['editnote']} {$post['editedprofilelink']}.<!-- editcount --><!-- editcount -->{$editreason})</span>

And postbit_classic

{$ignore_bit}
<a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
<div class="post classic {$unapproved_shade}" style="{$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
<div class="post_author scaleimages">
	{$post['useravatar']}
	<div class="author_information">
			<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
			<span class="smalltext">
				{$post['usertitle']}<br />

{$post['groupimage']}
			</span>
	</div>
	<div class="author_statistics">
		{$post['user_details']}{$post['usercountry']}
	</div>
</div>
<div class="post_content">
	<div class="post_head">
		{$post['posturl']}
		{$post['icon']}
		<span class="post_date">{$post['postdate']} <span class="post_edit" id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}{$post['edithistory']}</span></span>
	{$post['subject_extra']}
	</div>
	<div class="post_body scaleimages" id="pid_{$post['pid']}">
		{$post['message']}
	</div>
	{$post['attachments']}  
	{$post['signature']}
	<div class="post_meta" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
			{$post['quick_quote']}
	{$post['iplogged']}
	</div>
</div>
<div class="post_controls">
	<div class="postbit_buttons author_buttons float_left">
		{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_like']}
	</div>
	<div class="postbit_buttons post_management_buttons float_right">
		{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quickrestore']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_purgespammer']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}
	</div>
</div>
</div>

I did notice that these are listed both under Post Bit Templates and Post Templates. Both contain the same code.
You have <!-- editcount --> twice in the first template, remove one of them.
That did it. I always thought <!-- --> was commenting stuff out. It never occurred to me to remove it. Thanks!
It doed. but plugjns sem to use it as a variable insert of some sort
It's a workaround for setting variables in certain templates - based on where some hooks run, you can't populate a variable because the template has already been parsed, so you have to put in a replacement, and do a str_replace on it afterwards. So somewhere in the code it will do:

$template = str_replace('<!-- editcount -->', $plugin_html, $template);

Then whatever the plugin is trying to show will be in the template.

Some people, myself included, do something like {plugin_thing} in the template, and str_replace that instead, but the issue with that is that if the plugin isn't running, this may still be in the template, and will show up. So, a workaround for that is to use a HTML comment, so if the plugin isn't able to str_replace it, it won't show up anyway.

So now you know Smile

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1690 - BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '(`xxx`.`mybb_posts`.`editcount` - 1)'
Query:
    UPDATE mybb_posts SET `editcount`=editcount-1 WHERE pid='6723' LIMIT 1 

Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

If selected 1 day
(2017-07-30, 03:25 PM)hkkp Wrote: [ -> ]

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1690 - BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '(`xxx`.`mybb_posts`.`editcount` - 1)'
Query:
    UPDATE mybb_posts SET `editcount`=editcount-1 WHERE pid='6723' LIMIT 1 

Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

If selected 1 day

Try recounting edit counts (Admin CP -> Tools & Maintenance -> Recount & Rebuild -> Recount Edit Count).
works, thank you.