MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Black cell borders..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some cells on my forum render with a hideous black border around them, but only in Internet Explorer. I am running a custom theme.

http://homeundone.com/member.php?action=profile&uid=1

How can I remove the black?
Screenshot please? I used Firefox, and I don't see any black cell borders..
Here's one.

The black boxes show up around the Personal Website and IM fiields too. They are all empty fields. I'm pretty sure this is something in the CSS, but I have no idea what..
Sometimes when you have empty cells IE have problem. Try add to template & nbsp; after filed name - now even empty fields is not empty
Maybe i try be much more precise.
In myBB you have TableBorder (is dark) and table cells - there you give your css stye. In myBB templates "member_..." you can find something like {$ ..bio} or {$..website}. Nw if this fields have null, myBB give to table cells "nothing" - this cells is empty so IE render this wrongly. But if you change in template {$..bio}&nbsp ; (space) then even if field is empty IE must render added space - and everything working good.

I write this, because i don't know how much you know about myBB templates, sorry if i not appreciate your skills Smile
Thanks Patrick. I tried that on one cell and it worked. There are dozens of cells, in a few different templates, that would need to be changed though. Is there a way to remedy the problem without adding the space? I notice that most sites running MyBB don't have this issue.
You can change sql queries in scripts Smile but i think this can be big job. You need find this in members.php and (if you dont know sql) change
"select webstie ,.. from mybb_users"
-> "SELECT concat(website,'.') as webstie FROM mybb_users m;
Similar for other fields

Or you can put this problem in "bugs report" r "sugestion forum"