MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Access parsed profile fields from template?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!

I am developing a plugin using the parse_message hook. So far, so good. However I am including some profile fields using $post['fidXX'] etc. And here the problem starts. Afforementioned variable always shows the "raw" (e.g. non-parsed) profile fields straight from the database. I have ticked to allow MyCode and HTML, but the field is raw, as I already confirmed by reading the source.

So, how do I get around this? I would like to show a given profile field after being parsed in postbit and memberprofile. I cannot use "show in profile/postbit" because of theming (the fields are split in the theme).
I guess instantiating the parser within parse_message should produce a recursive loop. There's really nothing you can do in this case other than choosing another suitable hook.
If you are trying to do something for each post, I'd actually say to use the hook postbit. The old version of Social Groups I created a hook like that and it worked perfectly.
Yeah, I was already thinking about that for the posts. But what to do with the user profiles? Is there any suitable hook at all?
member_profile_end maybe?
I'll try that, thanks.