MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Add Navigation Link"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Adding a new navigation link gets frustrating for new people to MyBB and over all annoying when you know what you're doing and you have to sit there and edit the HTML code, find the right place to put it so it will show and work properly.

My suggestion is to add a feature where we can easily create navigation links. Not only that, but it could support font awesome?

Example:

ACP:

Navigation Links

(Shows a list of all the current navigation links) Edit | Remove

-Add new navigation link (to create a new navigation link)

Add new link Settings:

Position: Left side by Mod CP, Admin CP or Right Side
Link being navigated to: /newpoints.php

Display Image by link? 
-Yes (If yes, they cannot select to use Font Awesome)
--Path to image
-No

Use Font Awesome?
-Yes (If yes, they cannot select to use Display Image)
-- Font Awesome icon name
-No

Is this button active?

-Yes (Visible on the header_welcomeblock_member)
-No (Not visible)

This is for easy adding of Nav buttons/links to the nav bar. If the page exists, they can still access it by typing in the URL /page.php this is only for adding a "quick link" to said page.
(2016-11-02, 01:21 AM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]Adding a new navigation link gets frustrating for new people to MyBB and over all annoying when you know what you're doing and you have to sit there and edit the HTML code, find the right place to put it so it will show and work properly.

Um, what?

If you know what you're doing this is a moot point.
Bump.
(2016-11-09, 05:43 AM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]Bump.

Refer to my previous comment.
Good idea but nearly pointless if there isn't an easy way to create new pages and sections for non-forum content.
(2016-11-09, 04:07 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Good idea but nearly pointless if there isn't an easy way to create new pages and sections for non-forum content.

Well, I was assuming that they would make it easy to create new pages.
(2016-11-09, 05:57 PM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-09, 04:07 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Good idea but nearly pointless if there isn't an easy way to create new pages and sections for non-forum content.

There is an open discussion around this feature: https://community.mybb.com/thread-175669.html

IMO, we could add a widget for the menu with management controls which would achieve this. That way it can be easily removed by people who don't want to use it.
(2016-11-10, 05:35 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-09, 05:57 PM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]

There is an open discussion around this feature: https://community.mybb.com/thread-175669.html

IMO, we could add a widget for the menu with management controls which would achieve this. That way it can be easily removed by people who don't want to use it.

That sounds great!