MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: custom registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,i am building something new, and i would like to use myBB as a forum for my community.
The problem is that my idea/script includes its own registration, so
i am wondering if exists any custom php bridge to create at the same time, member's on myBB.

No custom fields, just to create a member, with username/pass/email,
then my members will be able to change/edit their profile

all this just to avoid double registration
You'll want to use the datahandler_user_insert_end hook so when a user registers on the forum they get registered into your system. $this is passed by reference and contains the following keys: uid, username, loginkey, email, password ( note this is salted and hashed), and usergroup.

To create a user into MyBB, you'll want to use the user datahandler. You'll need to first validate the user with the function before you can insert it.
so you suggest me, my users to register for the forum and at the same time, their normal account to be created?
if so, is there any guide for this "datahandler_user_insert_end " hook?

thanks in advance
(2016-11-02, 02:59 PM)vNeverMore Wrote: [ -> ]so you suggest me, my users to register for the forum and at the same time, their normal account to be created?
if so, is there any guide for this "datahandler_user_insert_end " hook?

thanks in advance

Yes.

Look at the Plugin Basics guide and use that with my above post.  Otherwise you can post in Jobs / Services / Requests, but don't expect the work to be done free.