MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Inline Moderation + Forum Styles Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've recently revamped a skin made for myBB 1.6 for my new myBB 1.8 site - I worked out all the kinks, that I'm aware of, but I'm left with one big, glaring issue:

the inline moderation isn't working.

IE, when I'm on my thread list and I click the toggle box to moderate the post ( delete, move, etc ) it doesn't recognize it's been clicked. I'm not sure where the issue lays. I created an icyboards forum to kick around and try to fix the issue, since the skin in question isn't default on my real site.

Little of the actual, edited skin is displayed on the test site, but the test site is here.

here is a screenshot of the toggle box clicked and lack of recognition.

My second issue is that the site is ignoring my forum description edit. In the forum description, itself, I have html in div tags to resize the images displayed and put enough of a padding between the text and the image that it's legible. They work on the test site, but not on my true site ( here ) and I'm not sure where the discrepancy lays. Here is a screenshot of the forum styling not working on the true site. There should be a skin selector button down at the bottom of the skin on the real site that will allow you to see the issue firsthand.
can we have your actual forum url & name of the base theme ..
Actual website was listed: here it is again. Theme in question is "Chapter One." Sorry I forgot to list that part.
run file verification tool at tools & maintenance section of forum admin panel. what does it say ?
ignore reported images & reported files from install folder & its sub-folders.

if any javascript files are missing or changed then replace them from original source files pack of your MyBB version.

also check updated templates
upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates.
This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed
- or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed,
it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.
File verification: nothing. The FTP files haven't been touched, etc.

As far as the updated templates deal, there's quite a few that pop up - but I'm not entirely sure how the diff report is to help me? "Changes that have been made between your previous version and this one are highlighted like this.
Any customizations you've made to your templates (the old ones) are highlighted like this."

If I revert them, they're obviously going to remove any of the styles that I've added to the templates, right? Which is going to interfere with the skin and how it looks?

Worse comes to worse, I suppose I'll revert everything and try to re-edit it, but there's no template I'm seeing that should interfere with the inline moderation. These are the templates that pop up. I'm not sure which one of them would have any bearing on the inline moderation or forum styles, except, maybe, headerinclude? I'd rather not have to reset them all - so if there's one that you think might be causing the issue, that would give me a place to start, at the least.

[update] I've updated everything but the headerinclude so far. There's been no difference with either issue. I'm trying the headerinclude now.

[update v2] The inline moderation issue was in the headerinclude. Still searching for the forum issue. Thank you for the help thus far!
jquery.js is not loading - its cause needs to be checked.

as your theme is highly customized, reverting the templates affects look of the forum.

though not sure if I can devote time today,
for a quick check you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (ftp)
Where did you find that it wasn't loading, out of curiosity? I never got anything through the file verification that it wasn't?

The inline moderation is working now, as I mentioned in the updated post above - I'm not sure that this would have anything to do with the forum styling - it works on one skin ( argent 2015 ) but not the other ( chapter one ), which is leading me to believe it's something, somewhere, in the css.
see this image related to jQuery.js => http://i.imgur.com/OwnBzB7.png

regarding styling, I can't check it right now ..