MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What are these errors?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can somebody tell me what these errors are being caused by and how to fix them? 
[Image: 3695c977b214d914a9966e85a22e8b81.png]
^This is from the Google Chromes Inspect Element if anybody doesn't know or is wondering^
The first error can be reproduced by just going to a sub forum on my website, so basically for example this forum, https://www.forgottenninjas.com/showthre...d=5&pid=27, and the second can be reproduced by clicking "report" and it throws out those errors. Originally I couldn't get report to do anything until I replaced the "jquery.js" with an updated version of it. Now hitting report does something and seems to work.
I have recently did difference reports and supposedly "updated" the templates (I was completely confused on what I was doing and I may have even ended up downgrading them idk, if anybody wants to comment on how to properly update the templates please do so as I did the diff report and had no idea what I had to change, I assumed I got rid of all the red and added in all the green.) I am also getting this when I go to the PM's in User Control Panel
[Image: 636fa989506636534a0fddba49595871.png]
(**UPDATE** I fixed this issue by changing the private_messagebit "{$theme['imgdir']}" to "{$theme['imgdir']}/{$msgstatus}.png", don't know why that wasn't there in the first place but it wasn't. However my website errors are still not solved)
I looked on google and saw something about updating the templates due to core changes, so I did that and nothing is fixed (again assuming I actually did update them lol)

I appreciate anybody help! My website is https://www.forgottenninjas.com/
Not really sure how you would fix the first issue, but the PM issue is due to some issues on mybb's end. Whenever you have an issue such as this one with a broken image, simply right click on the broken image and hit copy image address. Then paste it somewhere. Lastly, just find an image that you think would belong there, and insert it into the directory in the image address.
(2016-11-04, 12:39 AM)Blacnova Wrote: [ -> ]Not really sure how you would fix the first issue, but the PM issue is due to some issues on mybb's end. Whenever you have an issue such as this one with a broken image, simply right click on the broken image and hit copy image address. Then paste it somewhere. Lastly, just find an image that you think would belong there, and insert it into the directory in the image address.

Yes but wouldn't doing that have the old_pm.png image be used for both new pms and old pm's?
(2016-11-04, 12:53 AM)piecrustyumyum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-04, 12:39 AM)Blacnova Wrote: [ -> ]Not really sure how you would fix the first issue, but the PM issue is due to some issues on mybb's end. Whenever you have an issue such as this one with a broken image, simply right click on the broken image and hit copy image address. Then paste it somewhere. Lastly, just find an image that you think would belong there, and insert it into the directory in the image address.

Yes but wouldn't doing that have the old_pm.png image be used for both new pms and old pm's?

The read value changes in the sql table depending on whether the PM has been viewed. If it hasn't been viewed it will have a different picture. Probably new_pm.png?
(2016-11-04, 01:42 AM)Blacnova Wrote: [ -> ]

The read value changes in the sql table depending on whether the PM has been viewed. If it hasn't been viewed it will have a different picture. Probably new_pm.png?
I got it fixed, I had to change it to "{$theme['imgdir']}/{$msgstatus}.png" basically I had to add /{$msgstatus}.png. I found this by switching to the mybb that I have not touched as a reference point just for these types of issues :>
(2016-11-04, 02:02 AM)piecrustyumyum Wrote: [ -> ]

I got it fixed, I had to change it to "{$theme['imgdir']}/{$msgstatus}.png" basically I had to add /{$msgstatus}.png. I found this by switching to the mybb that I have not touched as a reference point just for these types of issues :>

Could you tell me which template it's located under? I have the same issue but couldn't find where the snippet was.
(2016-11-04, 02:13 AM)Blacnova Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-04, 02:02 AM)piecrustyumyum Wrote: [ -> ]

Could you tell me which template it's located under? I have the same issue but couldn't find where the snippet was.

It's under the template "Private Messaging Template -> private_messagepostbit"

I am still trying to get the first two errors fixed, anybody's help is welcome!

**bump**

**UPDATE** First error has fixed itself, second error is still happening and it is what is causing the the "Report" button to not work on threads to report somebody or thread.