MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade problem.help me out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im getting this below error:-
Error
The installer is currently locked, please remove 'lock' from the install directory to continue 

How to fix it.
Using your FTP program go into the install/ folder and delete the "lock" file. Then refresh the page.
Thank boss. I Fix it and completed.

Well I want to do the same to my other forum also, Should I compulsarily take the back up. Many host images the download size is big. Can I do without the backup , will it happens without any data loss.
Still my board is not working only admin cp is working:-

im getting this error while opening by index page

MySQLi error: 1054
Unknown column 'b.olddisplaygroup' in 'field list'
Query: SELECT u.*, f.*, b.dateline AS bandate, b.lifted AS banlifted, b.oldgroup AS banoldgroup, b.olddisplaygroup as banolddisplaygroup, b.oldadditionalgroups as banoldadditionalgroups FROM mybb_users u LEFT JOIN mybb_userfields f ON (f.ufid=u.uid) LEFT JOIN mybb_banned b ON (b.uid=u.uid) WHERE u.uid='1' 
Did you actually run the upgrade script?

You need to run install/upgrade.php after uploading the new files to complete the upgrade process.
yes I did it . the upgrade got completed and I got two links

ie., one for admin panel and another for index. I choosed the admin panel and further when I tried to use the index file the above error I experienced.
Can you try running this SQL in phpMyAdmin and post back here if there are any other problems?

ALTER TABLE mybb_banned ADD olddisplaygroup int( 11 )
Replace mybb_ with your forum's table prefix, if different.
It appears you were updating from an older version. You need to select the version you were upgrading from in the upgrade script.
I got same error...upgraded 1.2.3 and selected 1.2.3 for upgrade. Process ran smoothly but once logged in error occured.

MySQL error: 1054
Unknown column 'b.oldadditionalgroups' in 'field list'
Query: SELECT u.*, f.*, b.dateline AS bandate, b.lifted AS banlifted, b.oldgroup AS banoldgroup, b.olddisplaygroup as banolddisplaygroup, b.oldadditionalgroups as banoldadditionalgroups FROM mybb_users u LEFT JOIN mybb_userfields f ON (f.ufid=u.uid) LEFT JOIN mybb_banned b ON (b.uid=u.uid) WHERE u.uid='38' 

After running that SQL query posted above I still get an error. So I ran...

ALTER TABLE mybb_banned ADD oldadditionalgroups int( 11 )

Is there any other database changes from 1.2.3 that I should be aware of?
You can go through the install/resources/upgradeX.php files and see what exactly each upgrade does, but that's only recommended for advanced users.
Pages: 1 2