MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Installation not found
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all!

I've ran into the most infuriating error whilst installing myBB. So essentially, within the upload folder in my FTP (htdocs for me) I have uploaded my main website files which can be found at 47commando.co.uk. I then went on the create a "forum" directory for myBB. 

So I set out and downloaded version 1.8.8 and uploaded it into my "forum" folder, no issues there. When I proceeded to the typical "/forum/install/" root of installing this I came across this SOB - [Image: 7Y4izVb.png?1]

So far, my efforts to solve this issue have been useless so I decided to come here and ask the pro's.

Any tips/tricks/help is greatly appreciated. 

All the best,
J. Adams
looks like server configuration needs correction(s).
basically you have to check access permissions of folders & files

see search results for related guidance
Hi

Thanks for the help. I'm kind of oblivious to this but is there some way I can do this through my cPanel or FileZilla?

Cheers

**Edit**
As I tried to update permissions for the folder in filezilla I got the following output line: "Response: 550 Could not change perms on forum: No such file or directory" and I think this could be an issue
permissions should be checked & fixed from host control panel [cPanel]

are you using windows server ? its configuration can be confusing for new users ..
we may not have specific guidance related to windows server - hence tried directing to Google ..
I'm using a FastHosts cPanel and I can't see anything relating to this on it?
Open your FTP and check your chmod permissions
If it's saying "No such file or directory" are they definitely uploaded? Can you printscreen your FTP directory?
looks like the issue has been resolved (now referred forum is running)