MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Documentation - Upgrade.html
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if it's necessary to load /install/upgrade.php if upgrading from 1.2.x -> latest 1.2.x version? Smile

The 1.2.8 release announcement says that we must run upgrade.php to update the template, but the documentation (upgrade.html) doesn't mention this at all , so was wondering if it's possible to add a note to clarify that if the announcement includes 'run upgrade.php', the user should also do so to finalise the installation.

Thanks Big Grin
I thought the 1.2.8 post was poorly organized.... the description really sucked on how to upgrade.
Now now, it was clear for most people...

We also have a wiki which is updated frequently:

[Wiki: upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Thanks for the link to the Wiki Smile It does help! Not sure if everyone is aware of the fact the Wiki is more up-to-date (I wasn't until today ^^Wink so perhaps this could also be reflected in the documentation please? Thanks!
Just a note: The wiki page on upgrading (last time I read the page anyway) explains how to do a maintenance or major release upgrade requiring the upgrader. Some releases (mostly security vulnerability patches) will not require running the upgrader.
Snake Wrote:I thought the 1.2.8 post was poorly organized.... the description really sucked on how to upgrade.

Most of us can follow and read instructions fine