MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: VB 3.7 Merge Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have an old, closed 3.7 vB forum (Threads: 5,361, Posts: 344,798, Members: 7,457) around 800MB db that I want to resurrect after converting to MyBB.

-Is this something not recommended to run over shared hosting so I better move it to better server before running?
-Is there a list somewhere of things that will be lost, like visitor messages, not supported by MyBB?
(2016-11-07, 03:32 PM)rgmm Wrote: [ -> ]Have an old, closed 3.7 vB forum (Threads: 5,361, Posts: 344,798, Members: 7,457) around 800MB db that I want to resurrect after converting to MyBB.

-Is this something not recommended to run over shared hosting so I better move it to better server before running?
-Is there a list somewhere of things that will be lost, like visitor messages, not supported by MyBB?

Hi,

The merge system should be able to run on a shared host, but we recommend that you run it on your local machine first. If this is a conversion rather than merging into an existing board, the easiest thing to do is to take the local database and upload it to your live server once you've confirmed it worked.

There is not list that I'm aware of, but obviously things that don't exist in MyBB (such as visitor messages) will not get copied across. Posts, Threads, Users, Forums, Categories, PMs, etc. should be copied though.

PS: I've split your post into a separate thread, a the thread you posted in was completely unrelated to your questions.
Thanks for the reply and split.

Good idea about local machine, will try soon and reply back with results.

A few notes and question:

-The 'maximum lengths' is a problem, I know how to "fix" it but shouldn't/won't (it really only matters for post text I guess ...)
-Thumbnail generation may not be possible on all local LAMP installs because GD library is not always loaded for example
More importantly,
-Is this https://community.mybb.com/thread-187702...pid1203604 still true? 2.0 merge, whenever ready, will handle redirects (including for vb 3)?