MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: problem with the installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I  changed my "config.default.php to config.php".  I then changed the permissions on the required files.  When I try to go to install (http://scuderiagiallo.com/forums/install) I can only open the code in Dreamweaver.  The site will not open.  This is probably something simple I have overlooked, but I still need help.  I am uploading to West-Host using Dreamweaver.  I have several sites with them, but this is the first forum I have done.

Thanks
Krys
php files are not executing ! contact your web host & ask to check php configuration

using dreamweaver for making MyBB forum is not recommended.
can you try direct upload through ftp / file manager ..
Thanks, I will give that a try. Will let you know how I do.

Thanks for the reply

OK, I uninstalled all of the forum files on my site, downloaded filezilla, reinstalled MyBB in the forums folder, CHMOD all of the files and folders and it still will not open the installation wizard.

www.scuderiagiallo.com/forums/install/

Any suggestions? I am sure I have done something wrong, just don't understand what it is.

BTW, tech at West Host had no idea what was going on.

Thanks
Krys
php is not configured correctly & your web host support people should fix it
please see a few results from this search
(2016-11-07, 07:26 PM)Krysdean Wrote: [ -> ]BTW, tech at West Host had no idea what was going on.

You need to find yourself a new host mate. It's nothing you're doing, it's serving the files instead of executing them, if they're saying they don't know what the issue is then I hope you're not paying for this service because you need to ask for a refund immediately if you are.

Just to rule it out although I can't see why it would be this, what are the files and folders CHMOD to? Files should be 644 by default.
(2016-11-08, 01:00 PM)Matt, thanks.  There were a number of files that had to be changed to 666 per the installation instructions. CHMOD the following files to 666 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to them). Wrote: [ -> ]./inc/settings.php
./inc/config.php (you must rename config.default.php to config.php first)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/*all files* (optional)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/admin/*all files* (optional)

CHMOD the following folders to 777 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to and execute from them).
./cache/
./cache/themes/
./uploads/
./uploads/avatars/
./admin/backups/ (optional)

(2016-11-07, 07:26 PM)Krysdean Wrote: [ -> ]BTW, tech at West Host had no idea what was going on.

You need to find yourself a new host mate. It's nothing you're doing, it's serving the files instead of executing them, if they're saying they don't know what the issue is then I hope you're not paying for this service because you need to ask for a refund immediately if you are.

Just to rule it out although I can't see why it would be this, what are the files and folders CHMOD to? Files should be 644 by default.
^ it is clear that php is not parsing and web host should know about fixing it !

btw, please check MyBB forum requirements
Yeah it's not the ones that need to be 666 that are the issue. Has your host not managed to fix yet? Are you sure they actually support PHP on the server you're on?