MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remve Category Link?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In my default install at the top there are 3 links. The one I circled in red which is for the category I believe. Can I remove that link. Not the category. Just the link to it.

http://ratemywww.com/ts/exes/mybb/p1/mybbrss2.jpg

Thanks,
ivnj
Nobody knows?
tomdickandharry Wrote:Nobody knows?
I think is only one way - modify php scripts.
In admin cp -> templates -> Nav templates you have template "nav" but you can't cut only category. You can cut all the path to current forum/thread.
So...
if you cut all the path, users still have "forum jump" at the bottom of the pages. You can move this to top, but honestly... this is not good idea.
Then maybe there is a way to remove forum jump box from bottom?

Also I figured something else out. Instead of removing the category link I just renamed it. Instead of a normal name I just call it "/' with out the "". So it doesn't show.

But It would be real nice if I could remove the forum jump box thing at the bottom. Can I?
In admin CP templates. Under Forum Jump. I just deleted all stuff. 3 things and now forum jump is gone.

So never mind I got it thanks.
But when you download some theme or you get new upgrade, this can come back Smile
It's other way for do this:
You need remove {$forumjump} from templates
- forumdisplay_threadlist
- showthread
I did the same thing from Admin CP. But no new themes for me for now. And if I ever upgrade I'll wory about it then.

For now I'm good, thanks.
Sorry your image thing you linked in the first post returns an Error 404 not found.
Hi DenisTT
Quote:Sorry your image thing you linked in the first post returns an Error 404 not found.
this was something like:
[attachment=6703]
I accidently deleted it. But I found another solution. So I'm good now.

Thanks.